The unispin tutorial to end all unispin questions

jack nickleson yelled at me…
:smiley:

Thanks for the great tutorial.

I always find that breaking down a trick\process into smaller steps makes it much easier to do, especially when that trick requires some confidence. Walking and turning on a slackline can be learned very quickly using this process (less than a day).

cool thanx i can uni spin for shit

bump for great justice

Hey!
Where are you people looking when doing 180 unispins? I really don’t know where to point my view…

:smiley: Here’s something that might you my good friend. :smiley:

Also i welcome you to the forums with open arms and mighty big hugs.

If you require assistance/help. Don’t hesitate/feel free to ask me as i will always be here to help you with your unicycling problems to the best of my knowledge. By the way you can call me Harry if you want. But again, welcome to the forums.

So have fun, enjoy, relax and welcome to the wonderful world of unicycling. If you want to know what i’m like. Read my 1st signature line. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your new friend. :smiley:
Harry a.k.a HAZMAT

How long did it take you guys to learn 180s?
and i’ve seen in one tutorial, the kid lands on the cranks?
is this how your meant to land?

Took me 5 hours to land my first one, had them consistent a while after that. It’s fine to land on the cranks, it’s probably easier to land on the cranks when you’re learning. Once you get better you land on the pedals every time.

I started learning last night and could 180 mount quite confidently before i took a fall and had my hand spasming for a while from a hard knock on my elbow
I was just out there again now and with my 180s, i noticed i was landing seat in? should i be landing SIF?
in a tutorial i watched the seat was so low it was half SI half SIF
Im holding off practicing, just incase i’m doing it wrong so a quick reply would be great
cheers

45 minutes?! thats pretty heeps extremely good. but did you master it? or could do it 50 % of the time? im learning to wheel walk fast and i dont know why, i seem to just be natural.

Yeah, Unispins are mental like that in the early numbers… I haven’t conquered them but in the last 2 hours I’ve gotten pretty close. :slight_smile: After I got some leg protection the jumping off and spinning became so much easier. Hooray me :smiley:

Having some discrepancy with hand position… Does anyone have any tips on hand position or does it matter? (If the saddle were a clock I would have my right hand at 11 o’clock and my left at 7ish… And sometimes I keep my left hand on the saddle the entire time…) Is there a right way to do this or is this ok until I improve?

See this tutorial.

yeah, but does hand position matter if you still land it?

Landing it is landing it, as far as I’m concerned.

I assume you’re spinning clockwise? I found it easiest if I didn’t leave my back hand on the whole way. So front hand stays on the whole time. Back hand helps start the rotation then comes off and helps stop the rotation at the back of the seat - in the same place it started. Finish with both hands on the seat - say at 4 and 8 o’clock.

Is it a big problem learning with beefy unis?
I have the Quax muni which is around 6.5 kilos
Also, when learning 180s, is it best to start with the uni backwards for a “safer” landing? or is it better to get the clean natural take-off?

Nah just start it the regular way, I’ve done tons and never have I “hit myself” in such a way with the front handle… Also I find it easier to start it the regular way.

Hello guys, i’ ve been off unicycling for several months but now i’ m back having a try at unispin 180. I know to jump mount (180 jump mount feels like scary) and i am trying to have a proper no-footer to have a go for the actual thing. I ‘ve been trying it for sth like 2 days, and my progress is really slow! Well, i’’ l just continue and hope i will get better soon! Do you think knee guards like 661’s are necessairy for such a trick? I have metal pedals and don’t have any problems with pedal bites yet. However, won’ t they help me to get rid of the fear? Any suugestions and tips are welcomed!:slight_smile:

Sry for my english guys, i’m from Greece!

Hi, when i first started them i coul barely do them after seeing the thread on pedal bites:( But after i got 661’s i felt much more comfortable and it will also take different amounts of time do different people. Some people get it in a week some in a few months but for me it has taken 3 weeks and im at the ending stage where i land on the pedals and i got the seat but i then fall off and i cant ride on :stuck_out_tongue:
By the way your english is good:D

hehe, thanx! I am trying to do no-footer, i can jump quite high, but just cannot snap my feet in, maybe it’ s out of fear, but i just can’ t and i land on the ground! Anyway, i’ ll keep at it (try to do a 180 jump mount) and if i make any progress i’ ll purphase the 611’s to gain some confidence! :slight_smile: