the Triton

AgentQ wasn’t being out of line, JamieKnoxx has disrespected the forums before, this isn’t the first thing. For instance even after being confronted about the competition trophies in his signature he refused to honor those who actually competed and won by leaving them in just because he thought they looked cool.

Sorry to have brought this further off topic Sam, but you should get up here to Boston so we can shoot a proper video and show those flat-crowners whats up. Sweet editing and even sweeter frame.

Glad you liked the vid.
As Brian said, Its not just that he didnt read a post. I have had a few Pms back anf forth with him. HIs total lake of respect for the forums and the people that use them is the kind of mentality that ruins a tightknit enjoyable community, that we have.

Brian-
If it stays this cold Imma go crazy. As soon as we get some warm weather say middle of this month or so… I shall make a trip to boston.

Sam, something I may have forgotton to mention.

I’m wondering if you can do obstacle street well? (I haven’t really researched many vids of you before) such as handrail grinds and spinning roll hops to pedalgrab and stuff. I think if you combined what Dan Heaton does (good use of simple 180s, backwards riding and incorporating obstacles) with your wide arsenal of tricks, with your editing it’d look awesome.

The only thing I’d avoid in your proper upcoming vid is flashy pictures popping up, like in this intro, :stuck_out_tongue: but hey I know it was to showcase your new frame haha ;).

Awesome stuff.

Lol sam, ur vid was alrite, but stop bein so hateful to me. its an internet forum and u shudnt get too worked up about it, its as if i insulted ur dead grandfather or something :thinking: lol its not.

half of ur discrimnation towards me is because i have these sigs. dude u shud be happy that somone likes them enought to have them. its like blaming a kid for liking toys… they dont necessarily deserve them but its still doing NO HARM to anyone. same with my case here

and sponge STFU, u are a dirty trials biker whos proud of it so why the hell u on this forum . ur someone whos done nothing for this community lol. so dnt go blamin me ppl!

*apart from designing the Triton sponge frame.

you can be such a disrespecful little punk. dude ur argument seemed at laest half-ok until u started slagging ANOTHER person off. u pretty much f*cked urself in ur own ass there.

hes designed the triton sponge frame which is a pretty amazing feat and big contribution to riders and the evolution of uni products. also hes made some great reviews and articles and his knowledge of trials techniques and parts is probs second to none and he actually tries to help people on the forum by sharing this instead of being an assclown like u jamie. grow up.

if ur gonna be rude for no good reason then dont post.

1. Shut Up
  2. Sponge has done more for this community than you ever will
  3. Please Take the trophies out of your signature, you didn’t earn them and i find it disrespectful to everyone who has earned them (I.E. me).
  4. What seatpost clam are you using sam? JustWondering

Dude I realy dislike you, you are one litlle ignorent pr*ck.
You realy post stupid things to make people look bad or be mad.

Also, remove those trophy sigs.
They are throphy’s: you have to EARN those.
I don’t see you do any of those things.

And do not knock on Sponge: he has helped the sport allot with making the Ti Triton frame.
He designed the frame and made it possible to have it made by a proffesional Ti frame builder.
So you shut up about him being a trator, infact you are a disgrace on these forums.

Peter M

I’m pretty sure he is using a powdercoated K1 clamp.

Close its powder coated but is a KH clamp, same thing really. I had to buy 2 new bolts as they stock ones stuck out a bit. The black bolts look much much better too.

Wow-e, Jamie I asked you to not post in my thread. Congradulations you win, you are big enough douche bag for me to finaly block someone.

I also really dislike this Jamie guy. When I first read that post I thought he was just saying that stuff about sponge to get a reaction. He’s saying that sponge hasn’t contributed to unicycling in a thread about a video made to show a frame that Sponge designed.

Jamie, seriously… TAKE THE TROPHIES OUT OF YOUR SIG! I have only ever earned 2, and I had to work very hard to land the tricks, you have no right to put them in your sig just because you think they look cool. If you really want to be part of these forums, stop being such an ass, learn how to type, and at least try to have respect for people that obviously deserve it a lot more then you do. I recomend making a new account so that we don’t know who you are…

And Sam, the video was good, but it didn’t really do it for me. I was impressed with the editting, but it just wasn’t my style of vid. I think that riding some obstacles instead of doing everyone on flat would have been a better way of showing the new frame. One clip that I acually realy liked was when you did a trick, then the video reversed and showed you doing 2 other tricks right before it with no cuts. I don’t think ive seen that before, I thought it was very creative/origonal.

Sponge,
Well “obstacle street” is my ideal style of ridding. Uneed Films on Vimeo If you get some time check out these vids from the bottom up. It shows my riding going from a street using fun obstacles, to a more hybrid latest vid.
As my ridding get a more technical the obstacle get fewer. Im not saying thats where my style is aimed to. Its like that cause I have tried to put as many tricks into my bag as quick as I can. The two aspects of ridding will catch back up with eachother soon. I still need to spend some time on consistency and then its back to handrails and stair sets and whatever fun urban structures along my way.
Dan Heatons style is the reason I unicycle. I would have never picked one back up if it it werent for that 180 on ride backwards 180 off style. As my ridding gets better I will try to show his influence in my ridding. Tho you can already see his influence all over the sport.

I will never not use flat, there will prolly be something on flat in everyone of my vids as thats where I do the most of my ridding. But I will add some flowy “ture street” ridding, for you guys, in the next one.

-Sam

Ture that. :wink:

Jamie, Biketrials is great, IMO far more fun than uni trials, and looks better too. More variety of things to do as well. Without it, you wouldn’t have half of the components on your uni. So respect the sport that laid the foundation for this sport. Uni trials has always been secondary to biketrials in my life; that’s just how things roll for me.

Good way of dealing with these kinds of people in life are to tell them their wrongs and if they still don’t heed the advice, ignore them and pity their life. Why do they deserve your attention? They don’t. Leave them be in their own misery.

Sam,
yeah I just hadn’t really looked into vids of you before so I didn’t know if you liked obstacle street or not. It’s good that you are into it and the Heaton style. Tell me when your new vid is out, should be good.

:slight_smile:

Touche! :sunglasses:

Jamessd You Are A Knob

This has probably been said lots of times but i feel the need to comment…

The Triton’s one helluva good-looker and that’s some helluva good video editing.

Thanks,

The dip is pretty good too.

At first, I thought the triton would be horrible for street and flatland. I just realized that the structure of the frame could be just as good for it as the kh if you just put some grip tape on the crown. I may possible get one if i brake another KH frame.

The angle of the the flat spot on the crown is a very comfy angle to put your foot on. Grip tape makes it nice and sticky, feels great. With the k1 devil style flat crown I always notices the paint wearing around the corners. I realized this is because your foot does not naturally want to be parallel to the ground, it is more natural feeling to have your foot on an angle on your frame… For me at least. So the triton allows for you foot to grab onto the frame very nicely.