The Road Razor. Suggestions

Re: Re: The Road Razor. Suggestions

Not so. The fact that they’re going in a circle means that they are accelerating. They have to completely change direction twice every revolution (relative to you, which is what matters), so any weight savings here will certainly make a difference.

have you considered moving to a hardcore ‘roadie’ type tire (I hink you’re currently running something a bit wider than what’s in my mind) along with something other than (what I think I still see on there) the standard nimbus rim?

tubeless could be a big help here too. I’d start worrying about the weight of your spokes/rim/tube/tire long before the weight of your pedals, although I’ve never actually experimented to see.

I guess the lighter you get the wheel, the more control you’ll have with extremely short cranks. Maybe you can get to 42mm :smiley:

In the short term, a new wheel is beyond my budget. But yes, the long term plan is a narrower, lighter rim with double butted spokes and an even skinnier tyre.

At the moment, I have the standard Nimbus 1 uni, but with a different seat, cranks, pedals and tyre.