The Real KH26

Nice uni.
That brake fit was just the same what was in mine mind:)
Anyway, ride that beast till it’s black from the dirt.

PM

Very nice. That 29er frame fits the wheel pretty good (except the brake, but your fix looks great).

Its too clean.

tha’s beautiful! can’t wait to see you at MOAB! what happened to your 24"?

i still have the 24. i just ride the 26 more now. And i hope i can make it to moab. i need some money.

That looks very nice. I like the break mounts you rigged up.

Why did you go with JCs for a muni? Aren’t they a little slick? I love them for street, but wouldn’t even consider them for muni. Have you tried that configuration out yet? I’m curious how they do for muni.

Where did you get those mounts? Did you make them? If so, nice work!

The JC’s are great for Muni! They are wide and grippy.

Me and my dad made them. Didn’t take to long.

hey, does your 24 still have the gazz and the brake on it?

Nice uni

That is so cool! I ride a similar 26" MUni (Suzue hub, no brake, Pashley frame, Doublewide rim); I’m wondering what to do when I finally outgrow a square taper, and this looks like a super approach.

Have you tried a Gazz Jr? 26 x 2.6. It has a similar volume to the 24x3.0 and is the same weight, so it would be a lot lighter than the 3.0 with excellent riding characteristics. Also it is a little narrower with respect to the rim, so in effect it has better sidewall support.

That look’s pretty nice. Any word on the cost though?

about 6 or 700 bucks I think

To answer mornish’s question, yes i still have the Gazz on my 24"

U-turn) yes I have tried a 2.6 on it. It nice for XC but I think i still like a 3.0 better.

Habbywall) this complete uni cost

Frame- $170
wheelset- $528 (I got mine from “pdc” for $400)
Seat post- $20?
Seat- $20?
Seatpost clamp- $5
Pedals- #30
Gazz Tire- #60
Magura brake- $170

Total = $1,003

wtf i got the same one for 120 at my lbs

yep im pretty sure its $170 on UDC. I bought it with my KH 24 so i dont know what they are separate.

i realy like it. do you have aney action shots or pics with it nexto another uni

NO, i dont have any other shots of it. But next to my KH24 it looks noticably bigger. It’s about from the rim to the top of the tire bigger than my KH 24 with a Gazz.Yep, I really like this Muni. With the 175mm cranks you can power through anything, and with the 145 (actually 150) you can cruise along and it doesn’t feel so slow like my 24.

I’ve been riding a KH26 for a few months now and have recently changed a few parts around. It now rides a lot better.

The original KH 26" I built up was a thing of beauty to look at but it rode like a tank. (Which was fine if you wanted to go in a straight line, not so great for navigating sharp corners). Another problem was the KH rail seatpost kept twisting. This was partly due to a single bolt seat clamp but then my post failed as well and started twisting at the join between the top of the black tube and the silver part that clamps onto the rails. I also managed to kill my Jim Cs with a sharp impact to a rock that shattered the spindle.

For more on the original see:

I have now upgraded the following:
KH rail post to Thomson post
No name single clamp to Koxx-1 double bolt clamp
Jim Cs to Shimano DX with sealed bearings
Nduro leopard 26x3" to my favourite Muni tyre: Hutchinson Jumbo 26x2.45"

I’ve shaved off 600 grams of weight and am down to 6.8kg for the uni. It handles a lot nicer without the 3" wide tyre. Sometimes big isn’t better!

I can’t wait to take my new setup out for a decent length Muni epic :slight_smile: