The new video arrives....Please check it out

Very nice vid! Love the music and that log scene! mmm mmm uni goodness

To extrme_uni and checkernuts:

The reason there wasn’t more of this or less of that came down to what good footage I had. We didn’ have any plan of what would be in the video and Chex had put in zero practice at this location - he lives in a different state.

It’s funny, extreme_uni, that you wanted more flow rides and log rides and other people wanted less. At moab, I hope to have a lot more footage, which will give me the chance to make everything more balanced. Ideally, I’d like to throw away good material. I didn’t have that luxury here, I had to piece together what little good footage I had. As I was editing the first half, I knew I would be able to squeeze a minute or two out of the log downhill, so it was my plan to end on the big flow ride. Sure, the first half ends up looking a lot more kinetic than the second, but I think that’s how the music works.

Chex, I didn’t put in much of the rock trials, not because you weren’t good enough, but because the footage sucked. I think you did enough cool stuff that I could have used it, or at least cheat it in editing (check out the first of the two full downhill log rides - did anybody think Chex made it all the way for real? - if so, then my cheap editing tricks worked, ha ha.) No, the problem was, in my attempt to set up a nice two-camera shot, I ruined the whole thing. Sure, neither of the cameras can see each other, but neither of them have a good angle on you either. We should have shot from one really good angle and left it at that. Instead, I ruined the footage.

It’s nice to hear everybody’s thoughts. The footage in this vid, by nature, was not planned. But if I hear what all of you like and don’t like, then that helps me plan for the next big video. And if I can do that, then this practice work was worth it.