The new Schlumpf 36er in a Nimbus frame is here

Oh maybe it was £800. I can’t remember exactly. I know that the cost of the hub was about 90% of the cost of the whole unicycle, the rest of the parts on the unicycle as stock are cheap bits.

Joe

That is nuts! I want a video of you going fast…because the Schlumpf 24" on UDC says that it can keep up to a regular 36er so this must fly!?

90% of 890 GBP = 801.00 GBP = 1,666.93 USD

Just for the hub! :astonished:

Actually, thinking about it, it might have been hub and frame for £800. But at least when I bought it, he wouldn’t sell them without the frame, so even if you wanted to put it in a different frame, it cost the same.

If you look at the parts on it, it has a rim, spokes, cranks that are nothing special, a cheap seatpost and cheap velo seat, and a bog standard tyre. There’s no way that should cost more than £100 in total. The only thing that is high end about the schlumpf in the stock configuration is the hub, so that’s where the cost is.

Joe

Looks great. Will the KH geared hub bearings be 40mm or 42mm OD? Anyone know?

42, same as all his other unis, as he states it will retro fit any of his older frames (maybe actually only the 05 on ally ones) if you file the lip down.