The handle saddle - wide or narrow?

Hi, I’m about to buy a new 29" muni from Mad4One, and I can’t decide whether to get the wide or narrow cushion on the handle saddle :man_shrugging:t2: Does anyone have some tips on how to choose? And maybe someone has tried both versions?

It took me awhile to make this decision as well. I went with a narrow. I have not tried a wide.
I can already tell that the wide would be much more comfortable for an upright seating position. The narrow is good for when I am leaned forward quite far and push my butt back over the back of the saddle, this way the saddle connects with my sit bones, much like riding a bicycle. If I sit upright, it seems a bit too narrow. The build quality is very nice, I’m going to order a wide eventually. FWIW I got the blue leather and now my light gray pants have a blue-dye sheen on the butt lol. Also, the blue is already starting to fade near the seams and I’ve only had it for 2 months.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your answer. This is a big help! :blush:

1 Like

I have 4 saddle handles.
3x are the wide cushion saddle.
1x narrow cushion saddle, bought this one second hand and didn’t realise it was the narrow version until it arrived.
Out of the two I prefer the wide cushion as it offers more comfort when your ridding

1 Like

Also three of mine are the medium saddle and I have a long saddle handle on my 36”

The small I believe will be too small

1 Like

I have a medium handle saddle on my 27.5 muni. I started with the wide and switched to the narrow now. I prefer the narrow as I do mainly downhill and so don’t have alot of weight on the seat all the time and it so the narrowness means it gets in the way of my legs less and its easier to bail off the back without it getting stuck. The wide was a bit more comfortable to sit on though and so probably better for tamer muni where you arent riding on your limit all the time

1 Like

Appreciate your help! Really nice that you have tried both the narrow and wide version. Thanks for a good explanation :pray:t2:

1 Like

I use a wide and found the foam edges is not round and they chafe my thigh. It seems not serious but I feel quite uncomfortable after some distance.

2 Likes