The GoPro Effect

I really feel like Kris Holm when riding down those steep mountain sides, doing huge drops and taking big risks, only to discover that once again I suffer more from the GoPro Effect than almost any other rider.

Funny story about this unicycle. I ordered the whole thing in pieces and assembled it myself, and the wife never reacted (I built the wheel in the kitchen during Christmas). Finally I had to ask her what she thought about this unicycle. She answered: “I’m sorry, but I can’t tell one unicycle from the other”. I’ve red about other unicyclist who has smuggled unicycles into the house like this, but I didn’t think I could actually pull it off.

Hi Eric, the 27,5 x 3,25 tyre has a very tight fit at the crown of the frame. Nothing for muddy conditions.

Yes it’s a tight fit (should have been a few more mm’s), but it hasn’t been a problem so far. Maybe if the mud was more like clay, but the mud here isn’t that sticky. My impression of the Duro Crux tyre is very positive so far.

The wheel would fit into your hatchet frame. Or is it because you wanted a new toy?:slight_smile:

You got me there. Didn’t even think about that.

That is a tight fit but seems to work and it looks awesome. Great fun I imagine. Congrats on the new toy!

P.S. This story of sneaking yet another unicycle is encouraging. :stuck_out_tongue:

Missed that nice detail of the unicycle in the video

unimyra.jpg

The letters “UNIMYRA” is machined on the inside on both sides of the frame. I think it looks pretty cool. :smiley: