The City Unicycle

I’ve just discovered how time consuming it is to remove the wheel from a Pashley
Muni. I hope I never have to change a tube on the trail.

Still, it made me wonder how long it’ll be before we see Roger Davies teaming up
with Mike Burrows to produce the first carbon fibre monoblade city unicycle.


Danny Colyer (remove your.head to reply) http://www.twjc.co.uk/danny.html
Getting out of bed is a terrible way to have to start the day.

Re: The City Unicycle

I would love to see someone construct a unicycle out of a Cannondale
“Leftie” fork!

-Kris.

— Danny Colyer <danny@speedy5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I’ve just discovered how time consuming it is to remove the wheel from a
> Pashley Muni. I hope I never have to change a tube on the trail.
>
> Still, it made me wonder how long it’ll be before we see Roger Davies teaming
> up with Mike Burrows to produce the first carbon fibre monoblade city
> unicycle.
>
> –
> Danny Colyer (remove your.head to reply) http://www.twjc.co.uk/danny.html
> Getting out of bed is a terrible way to have to start the day.
>
>
>


Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

Re: The City Unicycle

Hi,

In a book called “Fat Tire” I found a picture of a unicycle with a one-sided
fork. I posted it at: http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Jump/5431/index.html

The uni is also equipped with a seatpost shock, brake, and handlebars.
Unfortunately there was no info on the uni in the book, only the picture.

-Dan -----Original Message----- From: Kris Holm <danger_uni@yahoo.com> To:
unicycling@winternet.com <unicycling@winternet.com> Date: Sunday, January 23,
2000 8:26 AM Subject: Re: The City Unicycle

>I would love to see someone construct a unicycle out of a Cannondale
>“Leftie” fork!
>
>-Kris.
>
>— Danny Colyer <danny@speedy5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> I’ve just discovered how time consuming it is to remove the wheel from a
>> Pashley Muni. I hope I never have to change a tube on the trail.
>>
>> Still, it made me wonder how long it’ll be before we see Roger Davies teaming
>> up with Mike Burrows to produce the first carbon fibre monoblade city
>> unicycle.
>>
>> –
>> Danny Colyer (remove your.head to reply) http://www.twjc.co.uk/danny.html
>> Getting out of bed is a terrible way to have to start the day.
>>
>>
>>
>__________________________________________________
>Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
>http://im.yahoo.com

Re: The City Unicycle

In a message dated 1/23/00 4:34:22 PM EST, heaton7@wolfenet.com writes:

<< In a book called “Fat Tire” I found a picture of a unicycle with a one-sided
fork. I posted it at: http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Jump/5431/index.html >>

on my last visit to our local bike shop to buy new pedals for my uni, I saw a
Cannondale with a one-sided fork and said “wow, I wonder if you could do that to
a unicycle?”. well, i guess they did. I suggest that anyone who hasnt looked at
it yet go check it out. VERY cool!

Johnny :smiley:

RE: The City Unicycle

> Not Mike Burrows but a student called Benoit Billet at Plymouth University
> doing composite engineering. He manufactured a single sided unicycle last year
> for his final year exams. It did work although flexed a little bit I believe.
> It was at EJC last year.

Woah. Please post pictures! Or somebody please send them to me and I will add it
to my aging Garage Page.

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone (reply to jfoss@unicycling.com)
http://www.unicycling.com

“I’m not a Level 9, but I play one on TV” - John Foss, who demonstrates IUF
Skill Level 9 on the video but in real life has only passed Level 7

NOTE: Views expressed in messages with this signature are exclusively those of
John Foss, and do not necessarily represent the views of the Unicycling
Society of America, International Unicycling Federation, or other
positions of responsibility John may occupy.

Re: The City Unicycle

Danny wrote:

> I’ve just discovered how time consuming it is to remove the wheel from a
> Pashley Muni. I hope I never have to change a tube on the trail.
>
> Still, it made me wonder how long it’ll be before we see Roger Davies teaming
> up with Mike Burrows to produce the first carbon fibre monoblade city
> unicycle.

Not Mike Burrows but a student called Benoit Billet at Plymouth University doing
composite engineering. He manufactured a single sided unicycle last year for his
final year exams. It did work although flexed a little bit I believe. It was at
EJC last year.

Cheers

Roger


 The UK's Unicycle Source <a href="http://www.unicycle.uk.com/">http://www.unicycle.uk.com/</a>

Re: The City Unicycle

Erm who would want one… not me, the forks occasionaly stop my legs from
getting ripped to shred on the tyre (surely everyone has a knock-kneed position
sometimes). Besides on a Pashley wouldn’t it be easier to fit 4 thin quick
release bolts through the frame and fixing?.. or would they bash the cranks?

Paul.

Danny Colyer <danny@speedy5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:86f6fn$dt8$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk
> I’ve just discovered how time consuming it is to remove the wheel from a
> Pashley Muni. I hope I never have to change a tube on the trail.
>
> Still, it made me wonder how long it’ll be before we see Roger Davies teaming
> up with Mike Burrows to produce the first carbon fibre monoblade city
> unicycle.
>
> –
> Danny Colyer (remove your.head to reply) http://www.twjc.co.uk/danny.html
> Getting out of bed is a terrible way to have to start the day.
>

Re: The City Unicycle

Danny Colyer <danny@speedy5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
: I’ve just discovered how time consuming it is to remove the wheel from a
: Pashley Muni. I hope I never have to change a tube on the trail.

For just that job I tend to carry a small ratchet ring spanner to fit those
bolts when on Trailquest type events. It speeds the job up Hugely when compared
to useing an AJ and leatherman. However, I’ve never yet needed to change a tube
mid competion, and have got away with repairing punctures every time, even
repairing a gashed tyre mid event on one trailquest.

sarah