The best muni pedals ever just got cheaper (now $17.98 USD).

I just ordered my second and third pair of these pedals from Performance Bike.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/large_photo.html?SKU=15439&Store=Bike

wam-b27.jpg

Those pedals look great. I’ll have to look into them for my next pair. At the moment I’ve got a set of Odyssey Twisted Pro’s which are really great. My only question about those Wellgo ones is how heavy are they? (compared to other good pedals).

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew: I actually had a pair in my hands today when I was at Darren Bedford’s. I found them to be quite light (according to the link they’re 482g/pair). That said the Odyssey South Gate (unsealed version) pedals I have right now are on the heavy side of things.

I’ve ordered my pair. $30USD (incl. shipping) vs. $115CAD… I’ll take the former (I do like the black pair Darren had though).

Later,
Eli.

Be sure to check out the B-37’s also – they’re also on sale, just slightly more at $24.95 I think. I recently bought a pair and like them better than the Odyssey Twisted Pros. They have sealed bearings and use 6061 machined aluminum.

One thing that worried me about the B-27’s is in the description it says something about a sealed bearing (singular) and DU bushing. Not sure what DU stands for, but I’m not sure I want a bushing instead of a second bearing if that’s what this means.

Food for thought/further investigation.

Good prices though.

Jerry

Perhaps I will take mine apart and post some pics.

I’ve got the B-27’s and they are totally bomber. They have survived many big drops, including a 4.5 footer. The platform is nice and large and they are very sticky. I really like them better than the other $15 welgos that I had been using.

Mojoe

Does the B-37 have two sealed bearings per pedal? I have not taken my B-37s apart to find out yet. But I would be very surprised if they didn’t also have one sealed bearing and a bushing per pedal.

Nothing wrong with a bushing instead of a bearing. Bushings spin very well as long as there is grease on the spindle. The use of a bushing allows the spindle to have a larger diameter which makes the spindle stronger. If you take a sealed pedal apart you’ll see that the spindle is thick near the crank (where the bushing is) and tapers down to a smaller diameter where the bearing is.

Re: The best muni pedals ever just got cheaper (now $17.98 USD).

Wow, I thought they were a steal when I got Beau a pair for Christmas for
$25. I’ve been using a pair for over a year and have replaced a few of the
pegs, but the holes get deformed and I’ve lost a few more lately - time for
another pair - might as well buy 2 pairs at that price! Thanks.

—Nathan

“gbarnes” <gbarnes.ikf7g@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:gbarnes.ikf7g@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> I just ordered my second and third pair of these pedals from Performance
> Bike.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5k15
>
>
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Attachment filename: wam-b27.jpg |
> |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/103330|
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+

I use those pedals and they are really great! Not to mention the price! They look great have great grip, are large smooth and have nice seals. Compaired to my other platforms that costed twice as much they are 5 times better. I think you can also get them in black, though i think that the chrome is really nice.

-TIM-

Is that the price for one pedal or a pair of pedals? I’m not sure =
which.

Re: Re: The best muni pedals ever just got cheaper (now $17.98 USD).

Pedals are like shoes. Even a unicycle uses two. Unfortunately, the Wam-B27’s seem to be sold out, according to the Performance site. But the B37’s look pretty good at $25 too…

Thanks, George! Looks like I put in my order just in time.

I guess I’m now officially building up a MUni… Now if anyone sees Profiles on sale for the same price… (this might take a while!)

Tim

I using NRG pedals right now that i fot for christmas.They seem to be a really great pair of pedals, replacable pinsand all, But the first pair i went through the peadel just slipped off the stem and then when the store went to go and fix them the bearings were all crunchd inside.Theses pedals cost my dad a good 70$ to!!

But, they did give a a brand new pair and thier working better then ever!

:smiley:

ZuZu pedals and a V8

These are a bit more pricey but look pretty tough too:

A bit of off-topic trivia… what movie did “ZuZu Pedals” (might have been Peddles in the movie) come from?

http://www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&item=465072

The DMR V8s are supposed to be good according to the BMX guys as well, but I haven’t found them in the States yet. I haven’t exactly been looking very hard either though. If someone knows where they could be found this side of the pond that would be great.

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/products/DMR_V8_Pedals_176.asp

Re: ZuZu pedals and a V8

Zuzu’s petals is from It’s A Wonderful Life. A great movie, that’s really hard to not see unless your TV is never turned on around Christmas time… :slight_smile:

that movie is like a little less than 2 hours long and its 4 hours on the tube with a commercial break every 5 minutes,it makes a bad movie even worse.

Has anyone noticed the little message below the price in the same
color as “that’s 65% off”? It says “We’re sorry, but this product
has been discontinued” or something to that effect. I don’t think it
will let you buy them at all. Wonder why they get you all excited
about the low price just to then tell you you can’t buy 'em.

• Jacob

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:05:56 -0600, johnfoss
<johnfoss.ir6hq@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

> Pedals are like shoes. Even a unicycle uses two.

But it may happen that only one breaks at a time as happened to me. I
bought a single replacement pedal from Semcycle under their 1/2 price
guarantee.

Klaas Bil

"An anteater can flick its tongue 160 times a day, eating 30,000 ants a day. "

That sounds a lot better than the local bike shop who wouldn’t let me buy a single roll of rim tape, or some place online who gave you free innertubes only if you bought the matching front and back set…

'Tis a hard life.

Phil

They were available a few days ago. The FexEx man just broght me some today. Mmmm… new pedals.

The Wellgo WAM-B37 pedals are also good. They’re on sale for $24.99. That’s still a very very good price for a good sealed pedal. The B37 has a stronger and heavier pedal body than the B27 pedals.