The Beginners "Today I..." Thread

You might want to rest a day after that. You don’t want to stress out your body too much. Even if you feel fine, a day of rest can really beef you up and help you progress even faster.

Muy kh rollo disc arrived now in my home , I put it in my Uni and almost land the double leg wrap in the first try haha! some tries later I land it very very ugly but land it :slight_smile:

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Hey, dude, please stop posting that…

I’ve never used the quick reply feature before, so I am a beginner at it. Today I tried my first quick reply! In order for the quick reply to work you must first click the little icon with the paper and pen, on the far right next to the quote and multi-quote icons, before you can type in the quick reply field.

JohnC appears to have been attempting to make his first posts on this fora, so we can forgive him for not understanding the quick reply. Try again John- if you have something to say! Use the normal reply perhaps. I don’t know how John managed to post the quick reply text though cos it won’t let me.

In a quick reply you have limited features so to be able to attach images without a link you can click Go advanced instead of post quick reply, so I just did that so I could post the picture of the icons:

Quick reply.jpg

Today

i learned to jump. :smiley:

Had my first few successful freemounts in the last couple of days :smiley:
And now I can take the uni out of the driveway and grab letterboxes to mount and then ride as far as I can. I may still UPD a fair whack but getting a few blocks away means you’ve got no choice but to keep going to get back home.

Sorry I mixed up and my computer is not great! Thanks to Rowan!
My computer dont or cant do quick reply for me but I found quick reply to this message is work for my computer!
I start unicycle 3 months ago and I saw Kris Holm youtube then I was hook! I just have lot on unicycle!
Happy New Year and have fun unicycle!

I got my new 29in today, nothing special, it’s just the trainer from unicycle.com. I did however put the KH free ride saddle and Odyssey pedals on it, otherwise, it’s just a cheapy. I was a little nervous testing it out, I’ve been riding all over town on a 24in and wasn’t sure I’d even be able to mount this bigger wheel. To my surprise I’m having less of an issue free mounting this the. I was the smaller wheel! So I’ve ridden around the block and I am in love! It’s a whole different experience then riding the smaller uni. So now I start saving up for a good 29incher. I’ve been riding for a month now and can’t understand why I never took this up the previous 30 years of my life.

My 24 feels big when I ride it compared to my 20". I’d love a nice 29er some day :slight_smile:

Wish I could say that. My brain has to flip a number of switches and cross a few wires to get my body to adjust to mounting the 29 vs. the 24. In reality, the techniques are the same but have to be applied differently.

Yeah I find that with my 24 vs my 20". Completely different to freemount and ride.

To me, riding the 29 is pretty much like riding the 24–just somewhat smoothed out.

So finished riding the 29r from one end of town to the other and back again, around 8 miles round trip. It really is a lot different then riding the 24. The speed takes some getting used to, but the hardest problem I’m having is every slight grade feels amplified on the 29. I didn’t have too much of a problem going up or down the hills, just slight grades in the road feel so much bigger then they did on the 24.

It was a year ago on Monday that I first sat on a unicycle! :slight_smile:

Today I had a go on my friend’s 29. Felt very heavy and hard to get moving but then very smooth. Guess what my birthday present to myself will be in Feb? :smiley:

Still haven’t got the backwards riding sussed though. :angry:

Cheers all

check my new signature out vvv

Just smart enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Today I landed a 360 jump mount for the first time.

Nice Job Aaron!!! Man you are making fast progress. Be sure to take time off here and there. The worst thing is to pull something then you will have to take some significant time off!! Keep up the good work!! You are cranking!

My forte now is idling. I can really just keep going back and forth in one spot and turn left or right, practically until I get tired. Before I would loose balance after 30-60 secs, but now I can do it almost indefinitely. I am OK driving forward, but still can not do hops and driving backwards.