The Ark of the Convention to Atlanta

For those of you with a penchant for such things, the UPS tracking number:

1z 350 x25 03 1530 805 2

Which you can use, here.

UPS now requires all drop off traffic to be OPENED, and the Ark garnered a good deal of attention. If the insurance amount is asked, tell them that THIS IS A STOCK UNICYCLE, and select a heafty sum. Eye brows were raised at the awsome packing job, and I forgot to lie; they will not insure custom work unless it is commercialy available. I figure it’s worth an even half dozen KH or Wilders … :wink:

Christopher

rysling

by you saying that all drop offs will be opened,does this mean if i had to ship someting.that they would unpack it when i dropped it off?or have me do it while there.

this would suck and i might aswell pack it on there desk rather than pack/open/show N tell/repack/ship.

Yes, it sucks. I had resigned myself to giving up the 1.5- but when they forced me to open the crate, I couldn’t help but bair my claws and shriek, “It’s mine, MINE I TELL YOU. Mee, meee precious…”

Christopher

I did not have to do this when I shipped it out. Did anyone else have to open the crate for UPS? Stop buying insurance for it. Maybe that’s what makes them want to open it up. It won’t get lost in that big, wooden crate and the hub itself won’t get damaged in shipping even if the crate fell out of a cargo plane.

i hope i dont have to.i havent sold the coker yet but i did pack it up nice and tight already, to keep in the freshness.

i had to make a box and shield the hub,blah,blah. 2 hours later i was done.to open it after that would be very frustrating,not to mention a waste of tape.

Re: The Ark of the Convention to Atlanta

I didn’t have to open it up for UPS. It was picked up at my work address by
UPS on their standard route. I called them on a Friday and asked for a one
time pickup (on Monday). Payment was by credit card. They wanted to know
dimensions and weight of the Ark. The driver showed up Monday with a
pre-printed label and gave me a receipt with a tracking number.

Doug

“harper” <harper.3iwzm@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:harper.3iwzm@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> I did not have to do this when I shipped it out. Did anyone else have to
> open the crate for UPS? Stop buying insurance for it. Maybe that’s what
> makes them want to open it up. It won’t get lost in that big, wooden
> crate and the hub itself won’t get damaged in shipping even if the crate
> fell out of a cargo plane.
>
>
> –
> harper - Greg Harper: Frequent Faller (oops)
>
> -Greg Harper
>
> “It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.”
> (you can quote me on that)
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> harper’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/17653
>

Must just be for drop-off’s- so that some shmuck doesn’t post something dangerous and untraceable.

Christopher

I never have to open packages when I go to my UPS. I go there a lot to pickup unicycle parts that I call in and have them hold for me. I guess they know me all too well?