đź“ť Tests topic : feel free to test anything inside this topic

Want to experiment with the new forum posting features?

Let’s do this in this topic.
Try using the formatting tools, quoting, replying, posting images or other files, etc.

For those who like to go more in-depth, the formatting here uses markdown. Several HTML tags are also accepted.

Pro

va

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: A particular onebox not working

I’m still learning this forum’s manors and want to post photos. Here’s a test attempt. Andy

1 Like

It worked! Don’t bother to reply to this test. I’ll be starting another thread with more content and photos. Andy

1 Like

You’re not my mom! I’ll reply that you did a good test all I want.

FREEDOM!

1 Like

Day 2 of bumping the thread. I’m going to start posting pictures of the bread I made yesterday. This is now a food post!

FOOD POST !

:rofl:

Well, I’m posting some daifukumochis filled in with anko (red bean sweet paste) I made yesterday then.

5 Likes

You’re doing well! :+1:

Happy new year!

1 Like

Is that easily made vegan/ can you share the recipe?

Yes, it is vegan.

For ± 8 daifukus.
The mochi is the glutinous rice flour paste.

• 80g glutinous rice floor

• 70g sugar

• 120ml water

• Mix them together in a bowl. Wrap the top of the bowl with a cling film.

• ~3Ă— 1m30 in the microwave at 900w. Uncover the cling film and mix the paste between each microwave session. I use a wooden spoon.

• Make sure that at the end, the mochi is firm enough. It must be very sticky, but you must be able to shape it in a “ball” form and it shouldn’t “drool” at all. I tend to do 4 microwave sessions instead, a shorter one for the last.

• Put the mochi (I use my wooden spoon) in a plate or something else covered with cornstartch. Then put some cornstarch on the mochi and your hands as well. The purpose of the cornstarch is prevent the mochi to stick to our hands and plate, and also not to burn ourselves, because it’s very hot.

• Cut â…› of the mochi with a knife, put a bit of cornstarch on it (the cut side will be sticky and very hot), try to make some “disk” of a few millimeters of thickness and put the thing you want inside on it, whether it’s anko, almond paste, peanut butter or anything you like, doesn’t matter.
    Then wrap your custom ingredients with the mochi around it, pinch the edges to fuse them together, roll it a bit between your hands, and voilà…

I used industrial bean paste, but it’s very easy and better to do it ourself. Just mash red beans with sugar, a bit of water and make it cook in a saucepan until there’s not so much water and a paste remains, with bean chunks or not, as you prefer. A lot of recipes advise to use the azuki variety of red beans, but regular red beans will do. Even white beans, though I’ve never tried.

I almost never cook. You may want to look at other recipes on the Internet. :smile:

I use this recipe for the mochi part, and ignore ingredients for the homemad almond paste:

https://www.cuisineenbandouliere.com/mochi-daifuku-a-lamande/almond-mochi-recipe/

2 Likes