Teste Talk: A boy's trials and tribulations

That was was a real problem for me when I started. I hang my nuts over the top of the elastic on my jockies before I start riding to keep them up and out of the way; that has worked for me.

Sam

With the increase of miles on my rides I started to get bad rubbing on the crook of my leg / groin to the point I would get an open sore :(, I tried lots of saddle etc until I stupidly realised my faithful shorts were not uni seat compatible on my narrow bike seat they were fine but the wider uni seat meant the over locked stitching on the edge of the pad was at the same point as the corner of the saddle so was acting like a file on my groin where your aductor tendon is.

I got a gel padded Endura shorts which have a very wide pad and they have been fantastic, I also swapped all my seats to Impact Naomi ones which have the thinnest padding on the top and the sides making them 5mm narrower on each side.

Unfortunately despite lots of TLC and sudocream etc I got infections in my sores so I have multiple cysts /infected pours (at one point one was the size of the end of your finger by my tendon so it popped over one side of the tendon to the other as I rode which was not comfy.

My bad right side cleared up well but have struggled to sort the three cysts on my left side, I finally saw the doc (delayed through procrastination not embarrassment, I will waggle my bits at anyone :P) and the doc didn’t want to lance them as they were now pretty small so I have been on some Anti-biotics which seem to be going the trick

I used some udderly smooth chaffing cream which has helped (not that I need it now things have cleared up and my shorts are pretty tight so hold things out the way pretty well without being uncomfortable.

I would say to loose the freeride as you sink into the saddle pretty deep which causes a larger contact area to rub as well as forcing padding out to the sides making the seat wider and rubbing you there. A nice firm Naomi makes you sit on top of it not sink into it, maybe use one over your flat fish base.

In my opinion, the channel in the KH saddles – purported to relieve pressure – is a nice idea but mostly ineffectual because it is too narrow:when the fabric or vinyl top stretches across the channel there is still almost no space for anything to go downward.

I had much improved comfort after enlarging the seat channel by about 80-100 percent, the entire length of the seat,since it’s not just the junk, but the entire anal-to-genital region that needs less pressure.

This took about 10 minutes: marked it carefully, made initial cuts with razor blade, then followed with fine-tooth hacksaw blade held in hand (not handle). When done, and cover is replaced (not too tight) you can see and feel a very clear, deep trough.
I didn’t change the depth at all.

In deciding how much to widen it, measure your “sit bones” first: they should be outside the channel, but not balancing on the edges.

Hope this helps!

This has been a very interesting and sometimes humorous thread. I sincerely appreciate the thoughts and detail put into all the post.

Feisty’s post about the cyst reminded me of a road bike friend who got a very bad cyst in the “taint” area because he road with a very narrow Bianche seat. Surgery was required and he was unable to ride for over a year.

Please take care of yourself.

roflmao!