Technical innovations based on MN ride?

Now that a whole team has put extensive miles on a set of unicycles, what have
you learned about comfort?

Did some seats work better than others? Maybe tractor-style seats?

In the photos many of you look as if you are propping yourselves up off your
seats. Would you recommend elbow rests?

Did really short cranks work to take some of the weight off the seat?

Thanks,

David Maxfield Bainbridge Island, WA

Re: Technical innovations based on MN ride?

Hi All~

>Now that a whole team has put extensive miles on a set of unicycles, >what have
>you learned about comfort?

Unicycles and comfort don’t fit together well. :slight_smile:

>Did some seats work better than others? Maybe tractor-style seats?

Peter Nyflot “got” to try a standard seat, an air seat, and a flat air seat.
:slight_smile: He liked air best. I’m tempted to agree.

>In the photos many of you look as if you are propping yourselves up >off
>your seats.

Yes, it’s much better that way for saddle soreness. And it seems to help you go
faster and straighter.

>Would you recommend elbow rests?

Not really elbow rests, but some people are looking into getting a
handlebar-style addition to their unis.

>Did really short cranks work to take some of the weight off the seat?

Hm, I think the short cranks really had more to do with speed than comfort. You
can go faster with shorter cranks.

~Tanya :slight_smile:

Unicycle Across Minnesota: http://www.skypoint.com/~cotter


Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

Re: Technical innovations based on MN ride?

>Hm, I think the short cranks really had more to do with speed than comfort. You
>can go faster with shorter cranks.

Wtih shorter cranks we could go faster and sit on the seet for less of the day!

                                                    Chris Cline MUni-Cow

Re: Technical innovations based on MN ride?

Maxfield D wrote:

> Now that a whole team has put extensive miles on a set of unicycles, what have
> you learned about comfort?

Air is good.

> Did some seats work better than others? Maybe tractor-style seats?

yep, every one is different.

> In the photos many of you look as if you are propping yourselves up off your
> seats. Would you recommend elbow rests?

sharing the weight between your hands and your backside really helps.

> Did really short cranks work to take some of the weight off the seat?

Yep, they reduce the stress on your knees and help you keep up a high average
speed. Cheers

Roger

Don’t forget BUC http://web.onyxnet.co.uk/Roger.Davies-octacon.co.uk/buc6.htm