Tech rails

jump to the left side, while pivoting clockwise. or vise versa.

yeah the alley oop thing its like you spin 180 so the front of your tyre is facing away from the ledge or rail so you cant see what your locking onto. haha mike gave a way easy to understand response… probably shoulda read it first.

hey shaun, i was asking maxisback if he was tricking out of bluntslides cos he said he was. i just had to verify thats what he meant.
… i wouldn’t class a 1ft flat practice rail a rail… its gotta be tiny

dibbles… i think we are mostly talking about park rails (or practice rails). i havent done much tricks on handrails. i’ve 1 footed a handrail and i can 180 out of some handrails, thats about it for me so far.

backslides are a favourite of mine, i have an awesome 12ft mellow ledge i can practice on now. best thing about it is its pretty high so you have to work to get up to it. probably bout 2 and a half feet high

A 180 Hoptwist, while grinding? You’d have to jump vertically enough to clear the rail, perform the twist then land back on the rail backwards. Doable, but tricky. More interesting would be a 180 Unispin; start grinding seat out, and part way through the grind hop from the rail, do a 180 unispin and land back on the rail again.

The skill progression would be something like:
Grinding
Seat Out Grinding
Seat Out Grinding + Hop Off The End
Seat Out Grinding + Unispin Off End
Seat Out Grinding + Hop Mid-Grind
Seat Out Grinding + Unispin Mid-Grind

Tricky bit would be getting the height for the unispin without unbalancing yourself on the rail.

Loose.

No loose, not quite what i meant, you don’t unispin, you pivot around the front of the tyre, so you don’t need any height atall, you just need to hop enough that you don’t drop when you’re not on either crank, so that you’ve still got enough height for your left crank to land on the rail.

I’m not sure that would work, cos you wouldn’t rotate around the part of the tyre touching the wall. It would push you off the wall as you turned, but then you wouldn’t be able to get back on, I think.

Is this what you mean?

Loose.

180 Grind Transfer.jpg

I think that’s what he’s talking about. if you shift your centre of balance over the rail (resulting in a tight half spin over the rail), you might be able to do it. But I’m no physicist.

cool diagram, although it doesnt really work like that. i have tried. it does push you off the ledge. it is much more practical to hop higher than the ledge 180 and land in reverse… havent tried in on any downledges yet but its pretty easy to do on flat ones, you just lose a lot of momentum when you jump and land again (usually resulting in stopping.)

theres another one to try if you run outta ideas maxisback.
grind to body varial to reverse

this would happen

180%20Grind%20Transfer.jpg

So ‘blunt’ means you jump over the rail to start the grind?

And ‘blind’ means that you’re grinding on your non-favoured pedal?

I cant do backwards into rails… I never rlly practice it… and 1 footed handrail thats sick men… Ive odone 180 out of a rlly small handrail but it wasent good… and my 1 foot rails is like 5-6 foot long