Teach

the good thing about teaching is that it helps you think about your practice and it’s another way to progress.
I teach for free (and I had up to 7 people learning with me at my university: even bought a 20" for that very purpose) and I am proud of my teaching pattern.
now the sad point: only about 10/20% of my former “students” still stick to riding.

I brought my unicycle to the school where I teach and rode it for some of the kids. A few days later the legal counsel for the school thanked me for the demonstration and told me that’d be the last time I, or anybody else, would be unicycling on school grounds.

I got told I could not ride in the parking lot at work on my lunch break. I said I was safer on my Uni then some people were walking down the stairs.

The Manager who told me this caused our last recordable injury accident when he broke his ankle walking down the steps. For some reason he did not see the humor in this that I did. LOL!

Some coworkers were climbing the stairs during their lunch break for exercise and were told by management they had to stop because of liability issues!

The other day I was conquering one-footed riding 2 or 3 revolutions at a time in a parking lot with about ten cars scattered over an area the size of a football field. A security guard suddenly appeared and told me to leave, explaining that my unicycle could easily do $1200 worth of damage to one of the very elegant parked cars, and that the whole parking lot was the private property of W.R. Grace. On my way out, I asked “Is this the same W.R. Grace that poisoned that town in Montana with asbestos?” He confirmed that it was.

Oh well, so much for the revolutions!