Tandem Unicycle on ebay

I saw this on ebay:

Item number: 3625800577 Description

Dad made this as a challenge, or joke years ago. A friend and I rode it in the 60’s, and it has hung in the garage for years. These two guys took it down and worked on it all summer, with lots of ice packs and band-aids, and now believe it can be done. It’s been painted, repacked, scratched, and crashed,it still gets all sorts of looks. We’ve had our fun now it’s someone else’s turn! E-mail any questions! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3625800577&category=42319

I wonder whether your tandem unicycle would be any easier or harder to ride than this one. I reckon this one might be a bit easier as the riders’ centres of gravity are closer to the wheel.

2nin.jpg

Notice in the ebay description: Location: dad’s garage…

:roll_eyes:

I wouldn’t want to be the person on the back seat in an UPD. I wounder if it could be used to give non unicyclist a feel for unicycling?

Absolutely not. A tandem unicycle like that would require intense cooperation of two skilled unicyclists. No room at all for a beginner or a non unicyclist in the equation.

Re: Tandem Unicycle on ebay

Geez, they made that a tough ride. Not only do the riders need to be fairly close in weight but the pedal digs by the forward rider and abrupt halts have got to be killer for the guy in back that has nowhere to go but into the frame. Also reminds me of being at the high end of a teeter-totter and the kid on the other end lets it drop.

It wouldn’t be the same challenge but some form of skid plate to keep the pedal stroke off the ground might improve their odds.

-Cubby

That thing looks like trouble waiting to happen…

Yeah, looks cool, doesn’t it? :sunglasses:

Didn’t the Great Y Circus Had one. A Tandem Unicycle by any chance. I thought I seen it somewhere. Good find anyway.

David

A tandem unicycle is when one of my daughters sit on my shoulders, while I ride. Much safer than this monster. :slight_smile:

BTW, I have ridden with one daughter on my shoulders, another cradled in my arms. Would that be a tridum unicycle? Or just a tri-DUMB unicyclist? :smiley: --chirokid–