Suspension Seat Posts?

Rock Shox Mountain and Tranz X Suspension are the only two on unicycle.com is there any thing i need to know other than do they fit a KH24 post size and can i cut some of the post off so its shorter. on the site its says that the Rock Shox is Recommended by Kris Holm buts does any one know if here rides with one? and if there is any other brands out there? and for any of them how do they ride on the trails?

Thanks for any info.

I’m no expert on this, but isn’t it much harder to ride with the distance between your rear and the cranks changing?

not really…
in bumpy conditions its gonna be akward anyway…

If you’re dead set on getting one, get the Thudbuster by cane creek. They are HIGHLY unneeded though, and if you’re doing any technical MUni you should use it. They’re more for XC and easy riding.

if you are short…under 5’10" good luck making one fit…i am 5’8" and none will fit regardless of how much seat post and seat tube i cut down…

i too thought it was a great idea, since i ride them on my hardtail mtbs…i have used both rockshok and thud buster.

now that my muni riding skills have improved, i do not think they are necessary especially with a 3" tire running low pressure <20 lbs…

you cannot in any way cut down the length of the post, hence you have to be tall to use one. A 3" tyre gives you all the sus you need.

AGREE, for Rockshok or any post that uses the seat post tube as the housing for springs or elastomers…

DISAGREE, for Thudbuster or any parallelogram mechanism, I’ve seen them cut-down to 3" of seat post tube and 3" of seat tube on the uni-frame…any less insertion you may need to reinforce the seat tube on the uni-frame…