Survived a Coker head-on collision with a bike in NYC!

[/B]
Andrew, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I think of sidewalk- and street-riding as similar to playing a live-action chess game. There are so many things to take in at once. You’re weaving among pedestrians and fixed objects, and the whole time, keeping in mind many factors, like not wanting to scare walkers. I always say it’s like some of the scenes in The Matrix. And I often think about filming it, too.

Of course, it only takes one, so I hope you’re wearing a helmet these days. I was clipped by a fast-moving school bus (van) a few years ago. It taught me lessons I’ve made sure not to forget. I also agree that we have to set a good example. Had your incident turned out worse, it’s easy to imagine stricter laws being enacted to forbid unis (specifically) from riding on sidewalks, and maybe even on streets. I know it’s not easy, but maybe you should try to ride a bit more defensively. Sometimes those other chess pieces are a bit unpredictable.

David

Dude, you were so lucky. We make mistakes and learn from them.

How are you two days later? I would expect some more pain. If your ride hard on the damaged areas, you might make things worse. See a doctor.

Hope you heal well and quickly.