Sun flat top 24''-- Disaster

yeah, yall gotta realize the nimbus is essentially a kh(it’s the old undrilled kh wheelset…also a more narrow rim but still plenty ). its got ventures, but most people add moments anyway, which are 100x better. after that, the only thing thats not kh is the frame and saddle foam. the seat bases are now kh.

you wont regret buying either uni, and it still ends up being worth it to upgrade. nimbus is 330 with moments, if you decided to get a kh frame the total cost is $530. so it’d actually be a great deal, an entire kh uni for 530, and you have an extra frame (although youd have to get a 27.2 seatpost). 10’ kh is 570.

the '10 kh will just be a bit lighter than a nimbus wheelset(…basically kh) with a kh frame.

What makes the venture cranks different from the moments?

although a bit heavier, they’re wayyyy thicker. and well worth the weight. everything will break before moments. i’m not even sure any moments have been broke.

ventures are prob fine though if you’re not hopping or really light. my 36 came with ventures and they’re plenty solid for that. i only got the ventures cause i have several pairs of moment cranks(i say if you don’t have moments and you have the opportunity to upgrade, upgrade). i also have a pair of 125s, and one very slightly bent on a messed up glide. never tried them hopping, i’m assuming id destroy them with my weight

but they’re only $25 more for single hole ones…and it’s probably a few times the strength. and they come in 137mm, ventures skip that middle size, they only have 125 or 150.

26" Sun?

Meh, I’ve had my 26" Sun for awhile now, I knew it wasn’t the best, but it has been holding up well for me. No realignments, no bent cranks, nothing. I’ve been mainly just practicing my hops and jumps, on and off curbs a lot, I generally ride it close to 5 miles a day, sometimes more. I’m guessing I just got lucky, because that thing really is crap.

you must be lucky. one of the LBS had one and i told them i was thinking about geting one. i tryed it.i holded off a 2ft drop off and lets just say its not really ride able. then they asked if i wanted to order one.lol. :sunglasses:

wow. A two foot drop on a sun is suicide. It probably wrecked the rim.

its from family guy