summer goals (for unicycling)

heres a cuple of mine:
-higher sif hops
-higher rolling hops
-360 unispin
-crank grab (peadal to rubber)
-step around thing

thats why not getting hurt was a goal of mine because i figured i would get hurt

Umm, let me see…

-smooth transition to sideways ww
-180 backcranks
-increase sif hopping height to 30 in. (currently approx. 25)
-hand ww
-new trick: sideways glide
-donkey kicks
-crank idle
-variations on all the tricks I have down

The list could go on forever. I might attempt the backflip dismount. Is Trevor the only one who can do it?

muni:
–improve my technique and/or fitness so that I can pass up the mountain bikers when climbing the local trail.
–practice some natural trials and rolling hops to better my muni ability

freestyle:
–sideways WW
–longer glides
–variations, combos, smoother transitions
–solidify seat drag
–etc.

I really only have one.

Frontflips!

Only problem is that the place I can practice these at, is really far away, but its worth it.

Mine are axactly the same as lucky’s, except not forward hopping.

Hopping sif and seat in
one footing
coasting
Get a Coker
gliding
backwards riding
rolling hops
riding a stair set larger than 8 successfully
learning to BC/ get a BC
wheel walking

and many more

for the sideways glide are you talking about gliding in a position like a sideways ww? if you are, these arent new. Daike Izumeda and Simon Wells both do one in thier unicon 12 routines.

For the hand ww, if your not already, learn them sitting on the seat. harder at first but there much more comfortable then on your stomach.

Anyways here a few things i would like to get soon:

-smiley walk (seat in back wheel walk)
-tre flips (360 unispin crankflip)
-inward unispins (seat in to seat in)
-backward spins
-pirouettes
-get better at side ride
-bwd ww and bwd 1ft ww
-backwards 1 foot seat on side
-180 backcrankflips/fakie 180 backcrankflips
-sideways ww sitting on the seat
-sideways ww with the seat behind you
-bwd hand ww
-100 meter coast (so far my best is around 40 meters)
-the rest of things i need to learn for levels 8-10

Probably some more stuff but thats all i can think of now

summer goals:

• relax while freemounting big-wheels (I am stiff and miss often)
  • use Coker with shorter cranks
  • be able to withstand 10km ride without pain in-between the legs (and U.P.Ds because my brain thinks I am going too quickly)
  • learn simple hops

those are over-ambitious goals :smiley: but I am like that: I am happy when succeeding 5% of my goals.

hows everyone improved on theyre goal list?

I can now hop higher,
glide about 100 feet,
do 180 unispins,
no BC yet:(,
stand up WW for about 10 feet:p,
hop down 2 stairs backwards and roll down 3,
clear a 6 set rolling hop(can’t find a 7),
very close to freemounting my giraffe :roll_eyes: ,
grind a low rail down a curb:),
I think I’ve done 5.5’ drop(I didn’t measure, I was muniing),
I’ve ridden on top of a rail for about 2 revs,
almost did a crankflip, I’ll stick one tommorow for sure,
can rolling no footer,
can almot go from pedal to rubber.

I think I’ve done pretty well,

hows everyone else improved?

its winter here but i wanna learn to glide. ive been trying for about 3 weeks now and cant quite get there.

but so far ive learnt how to grank grab to rubber, hop higger sif, ride down 5 stairs backwards, ride a huni, hop on a BC wheel and not stack it, one foot wheel walk for more than 10 metres.

i can second the ‘its winter here’ i have been seen riding with a jumper which is wooly. My goals are, as follows, to find another unicycler in Tasmania! to pull of a crankflip without bruising my shins and to rolling hop a set of six stairs. i could go on about all the other things i cant but want to do but that will be blog wasting <----- did i just create some new web/nerd terminology? or has it been said before?

I got 2 of mine…I built my Muni and started riding alot more. I still want to get a better hop though…Oh well still 3 weeks to go before school.

I think I have 4 weeks. still time to land a crankflip and jump off something really really high:)

I’m trying to convince my6 dad to let me buy a BC this week. :roll_eyes:

for me:
buy a koxx devil :slight_smile:
wheel walking
crank grabs up
high and reasonably far rolling hops
bigger drops (about waist level for me)
180 unispin :smiley:

Here’s mine, although summers almost over.

Ride SIF at without wobbling back and forth
One footed with my right foot
Crankflips
unispins
backwards riding
idleing
WW
Find a better place to ride than my front porch
Hop twists (I can never get more that a 90)
Hopping higher

My riding goals for last summer, besides rehabilitate my knee, were to learn to Ultimate Wheel and learn to do a wheelie on my bike. Finally this winter I got going on the UW and ride that quite a bit now, but I’m still wheelie-less.

On UW my current goals are to improve my hill climbing on rough ground and to increase the technical roughness of the trails that I can ride. My current freestyle focus is to solidify SIF riding, backwards, turns, and idling, to get back all my one-foot skill with each foot, and to begin to do seat drags. On the MUni it’s hopping up stairs, rolling and static hops, SIF hops, rolling curbs at all pedal angles, and riding along curbs. My community riding goals are to make the Sunday afternoon sessions more welcoming to new riders and to continue to cater to the needs of those that are currently coming.

In the past, I’ve set big handfuls of goals and missed most, so this summer I’ve decided to focus on just a few big ones I think I can achieve:

–800 miles on my coker May to September, losing 15-20 pounds in the process
–Practice until I can climb every hill on my 130s that I can currently do on my 150s
–Enjoy a successful MS-150 event and raise at least $3,000 to support the great work of the National MS Society

Every little bit helps…

well my summer is december/january/february

some things i’d like improve on:

get some bonz japanese style stand up gliding (i did rolling mount to stand up glide and riding jump straight into stand up glide 1st time today :smiley: )
side ride transitions
backwards spinning/pirouette
backwards gliding
coasting figure 8 - feet in and leg extended

well actually there tons of tricks that i’d like to practise, which i will be doing in my summer break. ill stop now before i start listing too many.

i didnt previously post my goals, but since this thread started, i’ve learned how to ride w/ one foot, ride backwards, and have come dangerously close to unispinning (only 180, of course) well, there’s still a few weeks left of my summer, we’ll see what happens