Stupid rope tricks

Today I tried using a stretched rope as a training aid for riding backwards and I think it’s a pretty good one. It’s flexible enough that you have to work to stay balanced. Pretty easy to set up. The longer the span of rope the less it supports you. About 10m seemed pretty good.

Unfortunately I also hyperextended my knee. Hopefully I won’t be laid up tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’ve got to hand it to you, you certainly armor up when you ride. Believe me I’ve lived to regret not wearing a full slate of pads, just not sure I could suit up to that extent on a daily basis.
Kudos to you and your daughter. I wish I would have tough my kids when they were little believe me, you blink and they are 18 years old and off to university.
Good luck, riding backwards , its something I always wanted to learn but never did.

These days when I injure myself it takes too long to heal and I fall a lot when I ride. If I didn’t gear up like that I don’t think I would have made it through the last four months without some injury stopping me.