street uni

Is there any good street unicycle out there or will pretty much any 20 inch uni with short cranks do? whats something good to look for in a street unicycle?

Thanks,
cornsyrup

oh yeah, and whats a good crank legnth for a 20" unicycle for street?

Thanks again,
cornsyrup

‘Street’ is a pretty generic unicycle type. It’s basically what all unicycles used to be up until a few years ago. For basic riding around, nearly any uni will do.

For a 20", you want short cranks. If you’re trying to go places, use 110 or 102. If you’re going to do activities requring more leverage, such as Sumo (which is really fun, you should try it, but you need another unicyclist), try 125s. Anything longer than 125 is awfully long on a 20", and your pedals will tend to hit the ground on turns. The Schwinns used to come with 140mm cranks on the 20" (same ones as on the 24"). Those were fine for performers, but too long for much else.

Re: street uni

145mm profiles.

Re: street uni

Monty tire/rim or onza tire/alex rim, profiles, you choose the rest.

Dylan

cornsyrup,
I am assuming you are talking about street as in grinding/trials/freestyle all worked together so they flow. You can use any unicycle that you want. I happen to use my trials uni, and occassionally my MUni. A freestyle unicycle won’t hold up well to alot of the drops and gaps that you may take. Personally, I suggest splined cranks/hub but those may not be required for you (If, you go big you will need them). A fat bouncy (low psi) tire is good so you can get the lift, however a high psi tire is better for the freestyle aspect. I really want a 20x2.5 slick but I use an Onza tire now. Crank size is also up to you, I use longer cranks for the lift and larger platform they provide, a large Q factor is also useful. I have not yet worked out a perfect saddle but im getting there. I think I need to have a few parts custom made for it. (More on that later) So from all this babble the point I’m trying to make is, trials unicycle for intense street, freestyle for a more flatlandish style. (oh and nice platform pedals for sure).

• Sal

thanks for the feedback

cornsyrup

Let us know what you decide on.

• Sal