Street uni with Twenty-G tire

im sorry to ressurect a dead thread
but did anyone find any commercial frames that fit this tire?
thanks

that sort of helps?

Go back to the German forum.

It’s just a fake-account of weber-juli.
I wrote a short message to Gilby.

could someone bann this clown asshole

hey damn

so does it work with any frames?

It’ll definitely work on a 2007 DX frame.

Not mine though, I shortened it.

will it work on the nimbus trials?

no, the nimbus trials frame has too close of tire clearence. I believe when I asked him, spencer said it fit in a KH20 frame, but the tire was pretty bad for anything other than bc wheeling. it has very thin sidewalls, so you have to keep the pressure high to keep it from folding. this totally kills the point of having a big tire, which is to run low pressures.

Yeah, you would need a much wider rim than any bmx rim out there for it to be usable I think. I never tried it in a KH20 frame but it would probably fit (the 07 because it has a lot of clearance).

so it would fit the kh 07?
i have a rim for it but thanks

Bump, bump!

I’m going to bump this back up again as it has quite a lot of relevance to the shaved trials tyre talk and street unicycles.

It seems that about 2-3years ago people were talking about trying to set up specific street unicycles that were different from trials unicycle and making them more street specific. The main aim seems to be to get a decent volume smooth tyre. Why hasn’t somebody made a 19" smooth tyre yet?!
The other thing I noticed is that street and trials unis seem pretty much the same still (apart from a few minor details).

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Spencer, is it worth buying a Twenty-G tyre to try out on a 20" rim? I have a really tall frame (it was a cheap uni to me, looks like a Nimbus copy) so I think I’d have more than enough clearance from the tyre.

The pics don’t really show the clearance very well, but I reckon I’ve got about 1-1.5" clearance with my CC tyre on there.

nice paint job on your rim

i would invest in one of those tires if they made 20" rims wide enough from trials.

I’ve been looking around on a couple of trials websites and found that there are a few wide 20" rims designed for front wheels on trials bikes.

http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=2288

A couple of 39-40mm rims are knocking about. The main problem with them is that they seem to only be available in 32hole, which is not gona work!

There are, however, some really strong BMX rims that aren’t quite as wide, but don’t need to be due to having strength in other areas. The G-Sport Ribcage is a good example of this, which is 36mm wide:

http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=50&products_id=3561&osCsid=68fe89319de07467df0f1b62cc4d07ba

I don’t think its worth it. The tire is too tall to not fold over unless you have it at a high pressure.

Brian O has a nimbus dj rim with a shwable? Say’s it rides just like a trials tire, we at least cushiony like a trials.

I think, when it comes down to it, a shaved/bald 19" trials tyre would be the ideal thing. We don’t want to have completely different, possibly incompatible, parts to the trials unicycles. I do think that the best way to go from here, for street specific unicycles, would be to get a ‘near bald’ street tyre properly designed and made for this purpose. What do other people think?

Bump

Now that KH makes a 20 in. flat uni w/ 47 mm rim, street and flat riders may want to reconsider this tire and similar ones.

Road Hog

Slim Cat

BLACK/BSK FLAME K1008A

http://www.amazon.com/TIRE-20X3-0-ROAD-HOG-INNOVA/dp/B002DFVR8Y.htm

Kenda Flame

???

Magnum http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42557 I couldn’t find a link to a store for this one.

For the hell of it I got the Kenda and pit it on my Nimbus freestyle rim. Really soft sidewalls and fits on a bit loose on that narrow rim (19"?)

Woaaa, I was just looking at this thread earlier today and you bumped it, awesome.

EDIT: That being said, the nice thing about the 20" is that you can have light version, i.e. BMX tires. I think the wideness of the tire mostly depends of the rim, like the 47mm KH 20" rim.