Street Discussion Thread.

you first… :smiley:

I think a abackflip on a auni is very possible. I can do one for sure. I want to though. I should take like a ayear and learn it.

You can do a backflip! I think you had a typo dude. :smiley:

ok… this may be totally wrong… but has a rolling hop ever been called a static hop. i read this somewhere and have never seen it again though… so im confused if this is something real. and i DONT know where i read this.

Well ALL patience? I disagree. Except coasting and grinding you can eliminate freestyle to two factors:

• steering
  • speed
    Whatever you do (bw ww 1ft, fingerww, sideride 2ft fixed hands) it all comes to this two things. So if you fall off, your position already tells if one or both went wrong. Then you think ahead how to eliminate your mistakes, and if you don’t make mistakes you’re doing it right. Right? So yes, there is no much ‘risk gambling’ in freestyle.

I really do wonder what you ment.
You mean the "I"UF rules? or the dicipline?

Well; what you give is what you get.
So I’m not surprised that there also may be some outside source thinking some riders are complete dicks.
I’m still thinking for hours which unicyclist is a complete dick. Can’t come up with any.

I guess that’s true, but I’m also sure that every single one is watching highly interrested and with respect to what Shaun is doing. And opposit. Not everybody likes Shaun as person. Most cannot deal with the fact he’s showing off. But hey, he worked hard for it, and is one of the very best, a kind of it’s own. I’m happy he is showing off. Besides that he’s posting tutorial video’s on stuff he came up with. That’s not arrogant or egoistic. I think he’s just looking a little too hard for the appreciation he deserves. But once you’ve reached a certain level of success there will be always people who think you are something for whatever reason. And that’s not just happening in street-unicycling. It’s in sport, in media, in the financial world, the medical world, science… etc.
I do hope to shake Shauns hand after he collects the gold medal on his 1st UNICON next year in Danmark.
But even without that piece of metal as evidence of being an outstanding unicyclist, I still respect him and so many others that get some metal in another color, just a ribbon, nothing at all, or without competing at all.
Competition is about being better than another. Some simply don’t have that desire, and just like to expand the limits in unicycling. Okay, it’s time to stop my rant here.

old street thread

Street seems to have evolved quite nicely. Didint know I wasnt suppsoe to waer a helmet tho’:stuck_out_tongue: . To bad that thread died before the crank flip, as that is kinda what defines street now.

If someone could give tips, ways to learn or a tutorial on backflips that would be great I just cant seem to get it atall.

tips, straight from the creator.

Funny how a lot of it was going down things, now, in a lot of videos, you see people tricking up things. :slight_smile:

oldest guy who is able to flip?

After a few weeks of hard trying i finally learned how to crankflip… :slight_smile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=556328

If I see all the young people around here and my young unicyclingbuddies in Germany I feel like an old fart. In fact: I’m as old as Unigeezer/Muniaddict looks. :smiley: :sunglasses:

The Question is now: Who is the oldest guy youn know, who can flip?

Maybe it’s Dustin Kelm maybe not? He’s 35. Does anybody know it?

Regular crankflips are definitely not so difficult to learn.
If I can do them so anybody could learn them. :wink:

p.s.: Sorry for my English in case I spellt something wrong… :o

Cough cough cough
Treflips are very fun.

rub it in much? lol

What, can’t everyone do them?

I’m gonna learn them. Just you wait.

Yeah right, on your 24’ pfft. I’d like to see that. Seriously that would be cool. Good luck with that. Goodnighty night night, Ivan.

Well I’m on my way to learning tre flips. Gotta get hickflips first though

Same, except I also want to land a crankflip before I get on that.

Reef: yeah man, just you wait. Justin Kohse lands hickflips, I’ll at least match that.

ahhh tre’s… anyone feelin a “new to you trick” vid comp on this…?

I’d rather have a hickflip or a 180 flip contest. I can only c rankflip of the curb atm.

I learned 180Flips last weekend, but for hickflips I would participate… :slight_smile: