Straightening the frame

Hello, everyone! I am new here…
I got my first unicycle two weeks ago.
It’s QU-AX 24" trials one. With black CroMo frame.
Basically, it’s crooked and I want to straighten it. Is it OK to bend CroMo frames?

I’ve been riding for almost two weeks now and I’m learning to do turns. Right ones are especially tricky, because my uni has this natural tendency to turn left. Could it be caused by the bent frame? Thank you everyone for your time.

If you could, I would post a picture first before you go about bending your frame. It is possible your wheel is bent, or you need a shim, both are much more common on brand new unicycles than a bent frame.

It’s definitely the frame, I’ve checked by flipping it.
I’ve tried the method from here - http://www.unicycle.uk.com/FAQ.asp?iCategory=57&FAQParentID=33, but the frame just goes back to its shape after I release it. Does CroMo mean steel?

just make some pop can shims and slip em into the bearing holders…Thats all.

I guess it would be a defective frame? Is there any sign of it being damged or something?

Make sure to email Qu-Ax at info@qu-ax.de and tell them about the problem.

Yes. CrMo=Chromoly=Chromoly Steel=Chromium-Molybdenum Steel Alloy. It’s stronger and better than plain steel.

If you go to the the UDC UK site, there is a tutorial on straightening frames of that type.

Unless the tire rubs the frame I wouldn’t mess with it. It doesn’t really make any difference. Just keep practicing those turns.

I couldn’t find this UDC UK in google. Could you please give me a link to it?

I believe he was referring to the page you linked to above. I wouldn’t try to bend the frame if I were you (it is possible to make it worse). You can try to shim the frame above the bearings to adjust the centering of the wheel. Take a soda can and cut bearing width slivers in it and (one by one until its centered) insert them above the bearing on the side toward which the wheel leans. It is quite possible that your frame is not bent and that one leg of the frame is just a little longer than the other. See this thread for more discussion: Wheel/Tire not centered?

But doesn’t it make you lean to one side when you are riding straight?
That would be sort of inconvenient.

maybe just need a straightening at the spokes ?

maybe if you get it to a bike shop they can solve it…
but send a email to Qu-Ax anyway

Not really, cause your saddle cushioning has a lot more slop than that frame is showing.

So bending your frame won’t fix your riding. Like Obie said, if it’s rubbing your tire, then it would pay to debug the misalignment and fix it. Otherwise, just ride and enjoy.

OK, thank you everyone for the advice.
I think you’ve convinced me of not fiddling with it and just riding what you have.

I’m learning hopping and riding backwards now!