stolen UNI!

ok, so i live in like a perfect neigbor hood, where kids as youg as 2 run arond, and have the fredom to do like anythin, kids leave everything out and everyone trusts everyone and is friends with everyone, so when i rode my uni to my friends house it was no big deal to leave it out in the front yard., after all there was already a bmx bike and a scootor out when i got there.

• 3r later-

i go outside and find my trusty lx ,and the scooter missing, however the bike is still there, why my frinds would some one steall a rusty broken unicycle, held to geter by supper glue and duct tape, and a scotter but not a fully loaded bmx bike??

anyway now im unicyle less and i was wondereing if i could borrow someone elses untill i get my coker, no i wont leave it out again.

Re: stolen UNI!

I don’t know about other people, but if I was going to steal stuff out of a pile like that, I would take a unicycle because it is unique and to say I have one. I would take the scooter to piss em off even more. I wouldn’t take the bke for rear of geting cought. They would get in much more troubl for a fully loaded bmx bke. Thats all from a non-unicyclists view pont. Can’t help you on the borrowing the uni thing, you live half a country away.

Why should anyone trust this. Maybe you didn’t get your unicycle stolen and you just want someone’s uni for free.

If its that nice a neighber hood, find were it is. Its most likly someone playing a mean joke. Maybe.

wel most likely anyone lending me one will live near me,so if they ever need it , or if they suspected i stole it theycould come by my house and get it

It’s robbery either way doesn’t really matter what you take. If you steal something from someones property I think it’s pretty much all the same charge.

Mabye if it was in as bad condition as you say, someone close to you “Stole” it and will be giving you a new one soon as a gift? I dunno, might happen.

I once watched a interview with the Dali Lama (stay with me here - I’ll paraphrase part of the conversation).

He was asked if he was angry with the ones who terrorized and tortured his people and homeland.

He though a moment and answered: “No, I have compassion for them”.

The interviewer quickly responded in near shock: “What…these people who killed so many of your people then ran you from your homeland - you have compassion for?”

The Dali Lama smiled and answered: “Yes, I know what they will have to experience someday, and so I have compassion for them.”

So, for the person(s) that took your uni - Karma is always the great equalizer. Feel sorry for them and move-on. Remember that what you sow you reap.

I’ve had 4 bikes stolen from me over the course of my life, something like 30 CDs, and a bunch of random other stuff. The people that steal these things aren’t really going to care if they get stuff stolen from them, because they’ll just steal a new one anyway.

I don’t feel compassion for them. They aren’t likely to get caught, and even if they do I’m not going to be all “oh, I’m sorry you’re in jail now.” I pity them just a little bit because I doubt they can trust their friends or anyone else in that little f-edup klepto scene that they are apparently in. They also probably has lousy childhoods. However, compassion? Not really.

Re: stolen UNI!

Is it still perfect for you? Sorry something like this had to happen to ruin it.

There’s something of a lesson there…

Someone who wants to play with them, not resell them. Your thief (or thieves) is not trying to make money, they want to try them and/or break them. They have probably already lost interest and discarded them. The hard part is figuring out where.

Thieves suck. We need better forms of punishment for them.

But until that happens, always treat perfect neighborhoods with a grain of salt. Keep your car and house locked, and don’t leave things sitting out where they might tempt passing buttholes.

His avatar says San Jose, which is one of the biggest cities in California. In a small enough town, you actually can afford to be much more trusting.

To read about my experience from a few years ago, do a search on “uni thief arrested” or similar. I tried it just now, and was unable to find the right one. It happened in 2000.

Seager Wrote:
I don’t feel compassion for them. They aren’t likely to get caught, and even if they do I’m not going to be all “oh, I’m sorry you’re in jail now.” I pity them just a little bit because I doubt they can trust their friends or anyone else in that little f-edup klepto scene that they are apparently in. They also probably has lousy childhoods. However, compassion? Not really.

Yes, I understand your point of view - it’s very rational.

I can only speak for the things that bring me peace, gratitude and happiness in my own life. For me, there have been some hard life lessons that have brought me here (and I’m still learning)…

Here is the thread I believe John was referring to:

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9911&highlight=thief+arrested+john

bin men could of took it:p

Maybe they’ll learn to ride your unicycle, come online looking for new tricks and stuff to learn, and then, when they least expect it you can ask them to give you back your unicycle.

Aww just ask:(

/me puts away Ninja swords and changes back from a Dragon

tahnks guys , and theanks to john i got a suspect now, 2 unicylist as holes live down the street from me
and all they got is jugglbugs with plastic wheels so mine would be desirable, also there are 2 of them
adn 2 items stolen, and consedering ttd be hard to unicyle with a scooter an vice vesa, they had to have a car and there had be 2 of um. so im gonna send in a frend over there to hang out and if they see it ill call 911