Stockton custom is on its way

Oooooh, yeeeaaaaah

is that a 29?

I wonder if that’s the one I saw the other day over at Scott’s (and Dave’s). It’s a sweet looking ride.

I don’t know, but I am 105% sure that it is.

The reason for that is that it’s not a 26 for sure, and Big Apple only makes two sizes of tire - 26 and 29. So yes, a 29er.

I don’t see what the excitement is all about. It’s too short for me. :smiley:

:slight_smile:

What size cranks are those? They look very long!

That is a wicked looking 29er. You are going to have SUCH a good time with that. Congratulations!

-andrea

Re: Stockton custom is on its way

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:13:24 -0600, UniTyler wrote:

>Big Apple only
>makes two sizes of tire - 26 and 29. So yes, a 29er.

Big Apple is not a manufacturer. Schwalbe makes the Big Apple tyres.
Their range includes 12", 14", 16", 18", 20", 24", 26" and 28". Many
of those come in 2.00" and 2.35" width.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort”

It’s gorgeous. I’d prefer blue myself but appart from that, yum.

Cathy

You’re never going to believe me, but I actually thought of that as I was posting, yet I figured it didn’t really matter. I should have worded it “the big apple comes in blah blah blah.” As for the tire sizes, I meant in “touring” sizes - 26" and 29," and specifically NOT 36" if he was thinking it was a Coker.

Re: Stockton custom is on its way

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:21:19 -0600, UniTyler wrote:

>You’re never going to believe me, but I actually thought of that as I
>was posting

I do believe that.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort”

That thing is SWEEEEEET!!!

i just dont understand road unicyclers

I think they’re in the same league as those people who enjoy distance running or road biking… like they have to get somewhere important but they’re too cool to take a car, or they like to do things the painful way.

Take my advice… if you’re going to do something futile, like riding somewhere just to ride back, do it on the side of a mountain with a fat knobby! Now that’s fun!

Ya, it’s a 29er. 2.35 width Big Apple. I think I ordered the 150 cranks, cuz I still consider myself a newbie.

I’m not really into road unicycling (the bike is much better for that), but…

I would call somebody like Tomsey’s method of getting down a flight of stairs “the painful way” - normal people walk down them. Not as impressive, but definitely less painful.

If you’re going to do something futile like climbing on top of something just to jump off… :wink:

That bit I have to agree with :slight_smile:

Rob (sticking up for the distance riders even though I’m impressed by watching trials and street)

That’s funny, because I haven’t the patience (nor the talent, really :roll_eyes: ) for session sports, like dedicated trials or street riding. I’ve tried to session on longboards, bikes and unicycles, but I seem to prefer getting somewhere when I am on wheel(s). Different strokes…

digigal1: I ordered my 29er with 150mm cranks for the same reason, and I found them rather long for road riding; they were crazy stable, but the ride felt like when you are spinning on a bike that doesn’t have a hard enough gear. I stole some 127s off my trials and they were much more effective for me. You may want to try switching around your cranks when you get used to the uni.

Enjoy your ride!

• andrea