Starting Unicycling

I’m trying to get into unicycling, but it’s hard because I don’t have a uni(worrking on it). But just leave some pointers or stuff. It all helps. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If you are looking to buy a unicycle, phone some of your local bike shops. I got my first unicycle from a bike shop.

Re: Starting Unicycling

lol … this post craked me up :thinking:

Welcome to our community of people who have unicycles. :smiley:
(I think you need to find the ‘wantabe unicyclist community’)

I’m feeling sarcastic, someone please slap me out of it.

Ebay Unicycles

Just make your brother share. Like how my brother should share his KH he won with me.

whoa, kc, your bro won a KH? sweeeet.

that’s all for that post.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:49:07 -0600, “JeffArchibald” wrote:

>I’m trying to get into unicycling, but it’s hard because I don’t have a
>uni(worrking on it). But just leave some pointers or stuff. It all
>helps. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This should help:
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/uni_beginners.htm>

It includes tips on how to get a unicycle, and how to learn riding.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

people who unicycle are shyly exhibitionistic - GILD

I already have a uni lined up so you don’t have to leave posts about that.

Pointers

Hi Jeff! I think it’s great that you’re interested in unicycling. It’s a really cool sport! Let us know what kind of unicycle you get.

Have you learned how to ride yet at all? I would need to know a little bit more about you to help much, I’m afraid.

If you’re having trouble scoring a unicyle, you can send me a private message. I might be able to help you out.

Don’t let anything stop you. It’s really worth your time and effort!

Dan Welburn

This site may also help - www.unicycle.2ya.com . There are some tips and also video tutorials there. Good luck.

Andrew

For all you people who want to know how good I am my record is riding 88 steps on my cousins uni.

The uni i’m lokking at buying is a 20" Light Duty Bedford Trials with a kh fusion seat

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:30:58 -0600, “JeffArchibald” wrote:

>For all you people who want to know how good I am my record is riding 88
>steps on my cousins uni.

Errm, you mean steps as on a staircase, or steps as “half revolutions”
while riding on the flat?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

people who unicycle are shyly exhibitionistic - GILD

Re: Re: Starting Unicycling

My guess is the unicycling equivalent of 88 paces. Yes? No?

Andrew

Jeff is my cousin. Jeff(Archibald), d(archibald), my name is David Archibald, if anyone didn’t know that. He learned on my uni in like three days, him and my brother. My brother got one and can now ride as long as he wants and hop for almost as long as he wants. Jeff is one of the most uni-crazy people I have ever seen/met without even owning one.

When I learned steps was my way of marking progress, and thats how I tought them. Instead of counting revs, which I thought took to much concentration, I would note where I started, normally two lawn chairs, then when I fell off I would count the walking steps it took to get back to that point (lawn chairs). I remember 9, and 39, steps being very pivotal points as well as 200. I stopped counting after I made it around my house 3.5 times, like 211 steps I think, and made it downtown, 400+ steps.

If Jeff had a uni, I’m sure he would have outgrown the step method to. Him and my brother learned crazy fast. That makes two uni converts for me, almost. Plus my other bro almost learned he got like ten feet then quit, I don’t think he’s done though. And there are a few kids in town talking about them too.

I think he’s getting one within a week. He has done his research.

Oh yeah for on topic, keep your weight on the seat.

Good luck Jeff,
David

Edit: A step is usually like 3 ft, so 88 x 3 is like 264 ft.

This weekend I set my new record of 138 paces (on flatland) and 60 paces (on flatland) with a freemount (and my birthday is in 5 days so i think I might get enough for my uni. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

REPLY!!

Yay !

I got enough moneyfor my birthday to buy my uni!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good job Jeff how much did cha get?

When’s yur Uni comin? :smiley:

200 Dollars and i haven’t ordered it

Dose anyone have anything to say?