starting to try tricks.

gday everyone. this is my first post on here but iv been around for a while just reading up on heaps of stuff.

i have been riding for about 3 weeks-ish now. first had a go on a unicycle in the vcal room at school and got used to it in about an hour. got myself one not long after. just a basic one nothing special yet.
im REALLY enjoying this sport so far its great fun. :slight_smile:

my main qu. is this. i have gotten used to hopping and can go up curbs and about 3 stairs i can manage so far. i got up a 5set twice but tried about 50 times lol.
the thing is i want to start trying some of the easier tricks and i cant hop properly SIF. im fine going SI but as soon as i go SIF for about 5 hops then i fall. is it necessary to learn SIF before i try much else? as in will staying SI for a while make learning tricks harder wen i want to go SIF ?
ill keep working on SIF for sure. atm im just doing basic street stuff.

thanks alot for any replys

The need to be able to ride SIF depends on what tricks you want to do. Let’s say, you absolutely need SIF for unispins, but it wouldn’t affect your wheel-walking much at at all.

Have fun unicycling and keep practicing.

i wouldnt worry about rushing to learn SIF. it will be alot easier when you can hop more comfortably. i also wouldnt rush into unispins etc. and would learn things like riding backwards, idling, and one footed first. these basics help with every thing. and with these you will find hopping SI easier and therefore SIF easier.

hope this helps

Matt

Yeah as matt said, try easier things, but i carnt ride very well SIF but i can still 180 unispin …

Yeah as matt said, try easier things, but i carnt ride very well SIF but i can still 180 unispin …