Stairjumping writeup.

you don’t need tire compression for jumping distance. it doesn’t really help.

EDIT: i can bottom out at 28 psi w/ a prehop.

remember that evan has a BMX wheelset, and skrobo has a trials. that makes a difference in the feeling of the tire pressure.

Then how do you get so much HEIGHT with you rolling hops? AT the moment you leave the ground are you not “pushing” down on the tire to help you spring up and out?

oh, i thought he was riding a trials, sorry evan. yeah, it is a lot harder to land any stairset on a bmx wheelset.

i don’t think of it that way, i just go for a point 6" farther than i really want or need to go, unless its a stairset, then its a few feet. if i am going for height, i jump the same way, but instead of leaning into it i throw my weight into my back foot and spring up.

Why do you capitalize, use quotation marks, bold, italicize, and underline words so much? you don’t have to enphasize random words, its not like we’re only reading every other words and we’re only gonna notice the other ones if you use italics, etc.

Habit I guess. Sorry if it bothers you. I’ll try to not do it so much.:o

To be fair, in your quote of mine you used in your previous post, I only capitilzed one word, and put quotes around “pushing” only because that’s not a typical word used to describe rolling hops. So in this instance, I didn’t use bold, italicize, or underline any word as you claimed, but I’m assuming you were maybe referring to past posts of mine. Water under the bridge as it were…oh, are analogies ok? :slight_smile:

I find it way easier, just as long as my tire is high (right now its rather low). If there is no compression when I land it feels better and I roll away smoother.