**Stack It Up Game**

I call I am backing up the latehick (hard)…
as long as my editing programs will allow me to, they keep freezing up or not allowing slomo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMayY9wjh8s

http://www.vimeo.com/2839293

nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

I filmed the FakieSwitch 270-90. Although I am not sure any of the tricks I filmed to back it up with are hard enough for the hard category. I found the fakie switch 270-90 easier than a late hick for sure.

But still in the hard category?

It is a lot harder for me. But I am pretty good at lateflip tricks.

Yea I mean its weird, not really hard. We’ll call it hard tho, cause who the hell is out there doing fakie switch stuff anyway…weirdos. :stuck_out_tongue: Should have done switch fakie blind 270-90 haha.

Hows a hopless rollingwrap-3spin?

EDIT: Its that or a hopless 5spin-rev-body varial.

You guys are crazy. I can’t even switch 180.

And no, I will not let it catch on :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey people, anyone going to back up Sam’s rolling wrap to 360 unispin?
I may try next weekend.

EDIT: anyone intrested in a back it up street game? May not work well because not everyone has a 4 set the same size…

I’ll back that up maybe. Would rolling wrap-HoW-backroll be medium or is that too much?

C’mon, stop worrying bout that, just start it and have fun backing up other peoples various 4 sets :slight_smile:

Ive thought about this idea a bit. “Step it up” would flow nicely with the other vimeo games.

I was thinking it would go something like everyone that wants to play joins in. Someone starts with a trick down a curb/1 step everyone else has 2 or 3 days to upload that trick down the 1 step.
Then the next person does a trick down a 2 stair, and everyone has the same amount of time to upload that trick.
Then the next person does a trick down a 3 stair… and so on… Once someone cant land the trick down the whatever set, they are knocked out of the game, it would go on until there is only one person left.

A couple possible options for the way the game could be set up:
•The trick stays the same as the amount of stairs grow. (each trick would be its own game)
•It must be a new trick for every new level of stairs. (would get hard)
•repeat tricks are okay. (would be easier)

As for a back it up with stairs, we could just start a “set it up” level in the back it up game. Where someone does whatever trick down whatever size set. Someone calls dibs, does that trick down that size step, and then whatever other trick down whatever size set they want…

I also want to play this game!
But…when it comes to me, if I don’t know how to make all the list tricks, I just pass my turn?

If you are talking about “stack it up”, yea its hard. We should start a new round up pretty soon.
If you are talking about the new “step it up” game, read the post bellow.

You would be knocked out. This game would def be for riders who can crankflip, fakieflip, backflip, outflip, trey, 180 flip, sexchange, varialflip, and it would push them to learn them down bigger and biggers sets.

The way around your problem would be to set the game up so that each trick has its own game… I feel like this would not be quite as “interesting”, but still fun.

That way if you cant trey, you dont enter the trey flip game. you enter the game of the tricks you can do. The problem with this, that really you could just go out and film the trick down a 1,2,3,4,5,6, and be ready to upload whenever, making the game boring, and pointless.

I feel like for it to be interesting, it should be up to whoever’s turn it is to pick the trick… that way there will be no head starts. If we do it like this, then we would need to decide if tricks could be repeated or not… repeating will make it easier and allow for more players. Not repeating could make it so when its your turn you have to pick a trick you cant do down a set to big to learn… still would be fun… we just gotta figure out the details.

Its still a game for the big boys. I mean this game will end up on some big sets, unless someone fifth fakieflips a 2stair, ahah.

I’d give it a try. Seems fun.

Someone go fifth a 4. I need motovation to try it down a 5.

Chance to win a free t-shirt

I am just about done setting up the first round of step it up. So pretty soon I will open up a “sign up list” for those who want to play.

Basic idea of this game is like a horse kind of knock out game… only you do not get letters. You will be knocked out the first time you can not complete the current trick on the current number of stairs.

The tricks will be set by players in order of when they sign up. When you sign up you will be given a number 1-x and you will keep that number for the entire game. Not everyone will get a chance to set the trick, as if there are 15 players… we are not gonna be trey doubling 15 sets, duh.

Player 1 sets the trick of their choice down a curb… all other players must land that trick down the curb and upload the video within 48hrs. Anyone who does not have the clip uploaded within that time will be knocked out. Now, player 2 will set a NEW trick down a 2 stair, and again everyone must do that trick down 2 stairs in 48hrs. This will keep going, without repeating tricks until there is one player left, or all of the players still in the game, can not set a new trick down more stairs, in which case overtime will start.

Tricks can not be repeated in regular play. However, in the overtime round the players can use tricks that were already in play, if they would like. In ovetime the amount of stairs do not have to increase. The players will be allowed to set the trick of their choice down however many stairs they would like. Each player left in the game will get at least one chance to set the trick. Once each player left as set a trick the player with the fewest misses wins… so OT will keep going until there is a winner. Also the time to upload videos in OT will be shortened to 24hrs, and once all players upload their clips the next player can set the trick immediately

–More rules to come as I get closer to finishing up details, some things may change this is all still in the building stage–

WINNER OF THE FIRST GAME WILL GET A FREE “STEP IT UP” T-SHIRT.

If the winner lives outside of the USA, they must pay shipping to get their shirt.
http://www.zazzle.com/step_it_up_tshirt-235912842455055169

Guys please give me your feedback. Should the time to upload be different? What do you like/dislike? Anything still overly confusing? LET ME KNOW

Hum…really interesting game !

So basically, the gimmick is to start with harder tricks (e.g. : Treyflip, Doubleflip, Full Varialflip, etc.) on small sets so on bigger sets, there are only the easy tricks (e.g. : Crankflip, Backflip, 180 Flip, etc.) left ?

I am going to join in for sure when it’s going to begin, but I will probably be knocked out soon in the game, since I don’t have access to alot of stairsets with all the snow. Also, I think the time should be longer precisely to be able to find the set or ride a set we know but can’t always ride (For exemple, where I live there are only 1, 2, 3 and 6 sets, but in Montreal we can find sets from 1 to 20 pretty much anywhere, but I can only go ride in Montreal on the week ends). The ideal time I think should be 72 hours.

Sounds like we’re going to have some fun here !

Hugo

Yea hugo, your strategy is definitely how the game will get to the furthest rounds. It also will knock out a lot of the riders without a pretty big bag of tricks, fairly early… as well as being a great push for the kids who can only do trick on flat to get more technical down the small sets. This game will def cater to the better riders, but everyone can join and maybe make it a few rounds.

I think what will be cool about this game is some times it might go on to 5 rounds, or maybe only 2, or if all the players are saving their easy tricks it might go on to 8 or 9(not likely).

I agree that finding sets is going to be a problem for some people, and consider myself lucky to have just moved to Boston. More time sounds like a fine idea to me… even if we do just one level a week. So every Monday the new trick is set. This would give everyone time to travel if they need, and whoever is setting the next trick can film both the current, and their new trick, that the same week. It would also keep the layout a bit easier to keep track of… and for people who work a lot or school a lot or both a lot, will always have a full weekend to play.

I like 72 hours (or longer) too.

I also think that you should be allowed to do tricks a set up (set at 3 set but you do it at 4 set) if you cannot find a 3 set. (Only problem I see with this rule is that it may be easier for some people to tripleflip a 4 than a 3 set)

One more suggestion: Instead of having an order to the game of people who set the trick I think that the first person to upload the previous trick should set the next trick (like an OUT game).

+1

I know of a set around here from 1-5 but not a 4. sooo… I guess I’ll do my best until I run out of stairs.:o

edit: Pat will love this game…