Spring Equinox

thought i’d share this experience with the group (“hi, i’m dave and i’m a unicyclist.”)

this past saturday saw a spring equinox/full moon/ holistic health care show/party (read hippie-fest) hosted on a property just outside of johannesburg
one of the organisers recently learnt how to juggle at our juggling club and asked if any of us would be willing to hang out at the party and provide some added colour
everybody seemed to be working on saturday so i ended up cruising thru and having an absolute blast juggling and uni’ing while people read poetry and performed bits of street theatre and played drums

my personal highlight of the evening came when i had the opportunity to uni-dance (read rythmically idle) around a bonfire under the full moon to the accompaniment of about twenty djembes (west african drum), two or three didgeridoos, a saxophone and bagpipes

and the ‘best’ part of the whole day was the fact that i did not have one of the traditionally ‘stupid’ uni-directed questions or comments

not one

:smiley:

Wonderful, Dave! Sounds like a great time.

I’ve always envisioned Africa as being a country of vivid color and dynamic traditional music. Maybe someday, I’ll get to verify it first hand.

Bruce

now that south africa hosted the world summit on sustainable development and most all of the delegates got home safely (despite the lions in the streets), we should start working on a bid to host unicon XIII.

i’m sure i can rustle-up an archeologist to convince everybody that the unicycle originated in africa
:wink:

Dave-

Sounds like an excellent time. Of course this is the autumnal equinox, not the vernal equinox. You act like South Africa is in the southern hemisphere when everyone else knows it is one of the provinces of Canada.

>You act like South Africa is in the southern hemisphere when >everyone else knows it is one of the provinces of Canada.

i would buy that, but we have ice-hockey players who can actually play
dead give away

spring has sprung and halter tops are everywhere
my girlfriend is furious
:wink:

Re: Spring Equinox

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:46:15 -0500, GILD
<GILD.bjjhy@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>i’m sure i can rustle-up an archeologist to convince everybody that the
>unicycle originated in africa

Isn’t that the famous “Out-of-Africa” theory? :slight_smile:

Klaas Bil

If you had this signature, I have forged it.