Sponcers?How?

yes i do actually, silly me.

That’s what I thought, pretty much. That’s why I didn’t hurry up with the video. The whole thing was sort of “eh, wouldn’t it be nice if…”. I’ll try them later, though, because they’ve got some nice shoes and clothes. A discount would be kewl. And I could be in some shows that they do.

I’m pretty much the only unicyclist in Cyprus(well, at least trials/street). Is that good or bad?

[B]

[/B]

+10 respect points, and you still keep your dignity that way.

100% easiest and best way to get SPONSORED

Ride at every event in North America this summer and WIN. No one will sponsor you to ride at the local playground or shopping mall for people who came there for reasons other than to watch you ride.

Here is a better question. What do you think a sponsor does?

If you think that they give you product and send you to exotic locales to shoot videos and beat chicks off with a stick, than give up now.

Maybe send a nice little email to the people in the industry who are sponsored and find out how much work it is to BE sponsored. Kris Holm didn’t phone up NORCO back in the day and say “Hey, I am Kris Holm dammit and I am the greatest Unicyclist EVER. Send me free crap to wear and send me all over the world for free!!!” He bust his ass to build up the worlds awareness to Uni, got really great and then went his seperate way so he could sponsor himself. GGRRRRRR. Threads like this erk me. TONY HAWK wasn’t sponsored till he was about 15 or 16 and he kicked the crap out of everyone for about 3 years before that.

1991-92 I was sponsored by Mobius Clothing, GNU Snowboards and a local Ski shop. It was hell. Yeah, I got to snowboard a whole bunch that year and drank free, eat free and had a great time, but it was tough work. We went places I didn’t want to go. Did things I didn’t want to do and just basically prostituted myself for all the sponsor. It sucked and took the REAL REASON that I started to snowbaord in the first place away. DOING WHAT I WANTED TO DO and snowboarding for ME!!!

First off I have never been sponsored for any thing, but every one that I have ever known who has been sponsored either got very little for it or had to work like mad to keep it. I have competed wake boarding and taken top places, but no one looked at me for a sponsor ship. You have to do more then just show your face in a video. You need to make friends with your sponsor.

Say you want your LBS to sponsor you, start hanging around the shop and get to know every one. Go on rides with them. At your age I would start to think about maybe getting a job for the summer at a bike shop, this is a good way to get in. Learn who else the shop sponsors and spend some time riding with them so you can see what skill the riders have, that way you know what you need to live up too. But in the end the most you will probably get out of your LBS is some pads or pedals. But hey who knows maybe you can get the hook ups easily. If you are serious about getting sponsored go for it, the worst that can happen is they say no.

Good luck