Specifications of your dream unicycle

I would like to try a uni with suspension

I don’t want the gyro … but otherwise same wish + adjustable cranks. I really think that the most difficult is adjustable cranks!

mine would weight nothing, be pink all over, would have a button which stops me from falling over,

actually it would be no fun compared to my current trials uni.

maybe a 20" which goes faster than a 36" schlumpf. that would be cool. and i like the jelly baby dispenser idea too. that would be nice. With unlimited jelly babies obviously.

http://www.koxx-one.com/SWF/popup.php?section=custom&rep=21%20-%20Raw%20Camo&image=inK1_custom_raw_camo-01.jpgThis is my druni, as is…! It rules!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sick that’s what I want do you know the price??

It’s not for sale… dam…

Why Do I Always Kill Threads, Dog Dam It!

Dream unicycle? Sometimes it’s the lightest skinniest uni imaginable; sometimes it’s just a good 29er.

Right now, I’m toying with the idea of:

• The 26" x 1" super lightweight racer at unicycle.uk.com or
  • A 29er or
  • A new Coker

Fantasy unicycle…

I’ve often wondered why there is no unicycle hotrod scene. Imagine a low profile wide tyre with whitewalls, flared chromed fender, faired hood ornament/headlight, leopard print seat with leather tassels, and flames painted up the frame, and skull shaped billet pedals…

Hmmm… that’s kind of what I’ve been building my Blizzard in to. 24" Hookworm is nice and slick (I’m not in to whitewalls though), 8-ball dust cap, Iron Cross pedals, and everything as blacked out as possible.

Anyway, I’ve posted about my dream unicycle before. It’s exactly the same as my Triton-Sponge-Schlumpf, only with a Ti handle. Still… it’s nice to have a dream :smiley:

STM

My dream uni would be a geared coker with a 2kg wheel. lighter is better!

Well i once had a 40" coker. It was pretty awesome. :smiley:

I second that…so, in terms of what’s actually available now, I’m going for:

• 26" Halo Combat Rim
  • KH/Schlumpf gearbox
  • 125/150 dual-length ISIS cranks
  • Triton Sponge Titanium Frame
  • Some arbitrary seatpost, someone else can recommend whether there's anything out there significantly better than the rest ;-)
  • Carbon seat, etc. - I reckon the Nimbus Gel is among the best, but saving useless weight is always good.
  • Tyre - this is the interesting bit. I'm thinking maybe a DMR Moto RT 26*2.4, as being a good compromise between a fast road tyre and an off-road/muni tyre, but other people may have other preferences - e.g. more weight (hookworm?) for less pressure, and/or more tread (many options!)....

At the moment I have the rim, and a non-KH Schlumpf, and that’s about it :-). With 140mm cranks it works pretty well, road-rides at a pretty decent speed, and the low gear is plenty low enough for me; so with 150s, that should be capable of some fairly technical Muni, and with 125s in high-gear, should be able to go plenty fast enough. (Some people may prefer the 137/165s tho.) Bigger wheels are always better for distance riding, it’s true, but this setup seems to work pretty well - I’ve done 45 in a day and hit 18mph and would probably improve on both with more practice :-). The best bit is that with the KH Schlumpf, although the hub weighs more, I reckon you can save at least that much by having a better, lighter frame than the Schlumpf telescopic one - and probably stiffer, too…

If I’m allowed to hypothesize technology - yes, I want on-the-fly-adjustable cranks; and a seatpost that adjusts with them; and/or, more than 2 gears from the gearbox, with a shift lever that I can operate by hand rather than my heels. And yeah, getting sillier, dynamically-changing wheel size, or at least tyre size/tread…:slight_smile:

–Alan

My dream uni will be complete when I get my hub back from Florian! I have all the other parts lying about.

KH/Schlumpf 36er with dual drilled cranks (I may switch to something else though like the 140mm onza tensiles) and a KH Freeride w/ CF base and GB4 handles, with maguras, mg-1s, nightrider rim, nightrider tire.

I am so anxious to get my hub back, I’m starting to go crazy. In the meantime I am riding my newly set up ungeared KH29er on the trails here, and it is a blast. It still doesn’t fill the void left by my schlumpf hah. I can’t wait to see what kind of speeds I can get on the geared 36er.

alas, the triton sponge is no longer available

I’m working on the single-sided CF part for my 24" racer.

EDIT: My friends at Trek are working on one for me (don’t ask, it won’t go into production)

druni

My dream uni stating at the top
impact seat with cf base
Pit fighter 3
Nimbus yellow clamp
Triton sponge 20 frame
white tryall tire
Nimbus dominator 2 yellow rim
Alternating black yellow titanium spokes
Kris holm momenTI hub
powder coated black moments with yellow signature
Black sealed animal hamiltons with yellow pins

If any one has anything close to this post pics ( if anybody actually would
Even actually buy it)

P.S. anybody think this would be ugly

Change that not black moments just the normal aluminum but witha brushed metal look

Dream unis:

1. Rider-powered, super-light, variable crank lengths and gear ratio. Adjustable wheel size. Folds up to fit in a briefcase (a-la George Jetson’s car; Ironman version came much later but has better CGI). Pedals are clip-in, but release at a mental signal from the rider. Single-piece molded frame, with incorporated lighting and personal music system. Retractable fenders for when needed. Disc brakes.

2. Powered. Partially self-balancing, but not too much (it wouldn’t be any fun that way). Unicycle responds to thoughts of the rider. Capable of highway speeds. Also able to fly. You would still have to balance it though. Power source? I don’t know, Mr. Fusion or something. :slight_smile:

Dream 24" uni:

Impact 24" Gravity frame
Impact cut down CF seat (with an old handle!)
KH one-piece seatpost
K1 seatpost
Sun Ringle DoubleWide rim
Mad4One 32 hole hub
Mad4One 125mm cranks
Odyssey JCPC pedals
KH spokes (dunno which spokes that are good, and I’ve only broken 2 KH in a half year)

ergal hub :wink:
Then its the ULTIMATE 24inch street machine