Southampton Unicycle Hockey Tournament & Freestyle Workshops, Sunday 11th May, 2008

Accommodation for £19!

I’ve just had a look at the Travel Lodge website, and for any of you who need to stay over around this event, if you book now it will only cost you £19 for the night. Leave it much longer and it will cost you £60. The ‘Southampton’ one is the most convenient location, the other option is the ‘Southampton Eastleigh’ which is slightly further away but still accessible.

As for dinner plans, I am going to speak to Pizza Hut on Portswood High Street and check they have parking and can accommodate a group of us for a meal after the event, but I think it will be fine.

Also, there will be some refreshments available on site throughout the day courtesy of my mum and sister!

Still one space left, so if anyone’s interested, let me know!

See you soon!

V sorry
SWUM have withdrawn from this tourney as we can’t get a team together . We have been hit by peoples work, exam and 10tors commitments.
Hope you all have fun without us.

I think we are bringing quite a few from Severn. Can anybody from swum make it? If there’s a couple of people left I’m sure we could build a team.

Sorry to hear that Sarah, it’s likely we’re going to have plenty of spares for other teams if not all of you can come but some would like to. I don’t think Stockton will have a full compliment, and as Nick said, Bristol will have spare, as will southampton. It seems we will have 4 league teams (Lunis, EMUs, Bristol, and Southampton) and as many other teams as we can make up with the rest of the players.

With the other hall for workshops and general play, as well as a viewing gallery and refreshments and Pizza Hut afterwards it should be a good fun day for everyone who can make it.

In addition to this, there will be a generic uni meet on Southampton Common the day before, for any sort of riding and lots of fun, with a strong possibility of finishing in a pub. Details:

Saturday 10th May 2008
4.30pm
Southampton Common, by the Cowherds pub.

The common is suitable for different sorts of riding, with lots of open space lots of long paths, a few bits of small woodland, not sure what there is for trials but im sure areas can be found. I know there will be quite a few Southamptoners, so it would be good to have lots of others there too for even more fun.

If youre thinking of coming, PM me for my mobile number if you want more details or in case you get lost!

Just a thought- has anyone got some good goals they can bring easily? Ours have a tendency to fall apart and the net doesn’t join the frame very closely meaning balls always go in through the sides. Dont worry if its not possible, we should be able to make do if we have to.

Just an update for those who wish to know, the teams for this event will be as follows:

There will be 4 league teams -
EMUs
Lunis
Severn Wheelers
Southampton

Then there will be 4 non league teams, made up of Stockton x3 people, Southampton x 10ish people, and some extra Lunis and other spare players.

Plenty of fun to be had while not playing hockey too!

And the goal/net issue still stands.

Cheers, See you Sunday,

Anna.

Subject: Promotion for Cliff Loud

We would like to contact anyone who is interested in riding around
Albert Road, Southsea, Hampshire PO5 2QL on Sunday afternoon 10th May
2008 handing out leaflets during a Ride A Bike Day (promoted in the
Portsmouth evening news
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/portsmouth/Get-on-your-bikes-for.3946032.jp)

Kinda late, but these people phoned me today! I’m not in teh area but I know some of you guys will be.

RESULTS

1st - LUnis
2nd - EMUs
3rd - Severn Wheelers
4th - Southampton

Check out the attachment for the league teams score details.

Thanks to everyone for coming, I hope you all had fun. Thanks also to those who helped out, Roger and others with the scoring, Connie with workshops, the people who ref’d lots, those who played in the scratch teams and anyone/everyone else!

See you next time!

Anna.

[edit] how do i get the attachment bigger?!

Soton Results.jpg