South UK Unicycling Group

Where are you located JDW? Wheelwalker2006 set up a mailing list, but as far as I’m aware there have been no posts apart from introductions.

I can’t believe this thread was started over a year ago and apart from one group
ride in Swinley Forest there have still been no unimeets in the South-East (Unless I missed one). We must be the laziest unicyclists in the country!

hoping this may be of interest to some of you guys:
southampton unicycle hockey

The club is still in the planning stages but progressing well and we should be starting to practice in the next couple of months or so. We have a few players but could do with lots more!

please PM or email me for more details and spread the word:)

thanks

Just FYI there used to be a Southampton unicycle hockey team many years ago. We had occasional practices and competed at the first European Hockey Championship (Leeds 1993) and got well beaten. We disbanded soon after. Not the most illustrious history :smiley:

amazing i didnt know there used to be a team. maybe we can get some of the old players back that would be cool. The Reincarnation:)

I might be interested in Southampton hockey. I’ve been going to Lunis this summer but Southampton would possibly be easier to get to. Or I could just go to both!

Keep me posted if there are any new developments, like when practices/games will start.

How many players do have at the moment?

i’m hoping we will start practising within a couple of months. Although we do still have quite a bit to sort out so we shall see. We have around 6 players at the moment, a decent number but more would be great.

Will keep you updated on developemnts

pleased you are interested

anymore of you out there? come on guys:D

im a south east unicyclist - about 20 mins drive from brighton during hols, and in southampton for university terms, so im up for the uni hockey in soton, loosemoose (richard) will be up for it too. as for other riding in this area, i like riding in my local woods, as well as the south downs, and also brighton is very good for trials, and standard riding, there should definately be more done around this area as there are so many good places. the crawley circus festival in august had loads more unicyclists than last year, it really is growing for unicyclists, even though it isnt specifically for them. other than that, we definately need more. im up for hockey to start with though, as well as joining the circsoc at soton uni (even though im at solent) which has a few uniers. looking forward to it all.
Anna.

hello anna i think i may have met you a few months back at soton uni circus soc. glad your in! rich is too, and hopefully should be sorting us somewhere to play at the moment :sunglasses:

yeh there were loads of unicyclists at crawley it was good to see

*feeling i may have kinda hijacked the thread! i’m dan, i live nearish southampton, i only started riding this year- ive just got idling, will be venturing off-road soon, i like playing hockey!

WTH!! That mailing list aint there anymore :frowning:

Mr

Mr banks! haha i love all these essex and south east posts IM HOME!

Anyone going to the Crawley Circus Festival this year?

hell yeah i’ll be there, my 4th year in a row!

also members of the southend juggling club will be there

we will be camping under the big prate flag just come over and ask for bungle, but for gods sake dont be rude.

X bungle

(Of Crawley [1])

My 14th :stuck_out_tongue:

(That’s if you don’t count 1998 as a year, because there wasn’t a Crawley convention in 1998).

With this year’s mediaeval theme, who’s up for unicycle jousting? I suggested it to Dave for the games, he’s up for having jousting finals in the games but the heats will have to be done beforehand, and I’ve vaguely volunteered to run them. I /should/ be able to arrange for some jousting kit to be taken down.

[1] http://circuswurx.co.uk/conv.html

The unicycle jousting sounds like it could be fun. I’ve not done that before. Myself and Mark from Horsham have volunteered to run a workshop to teach anyone from beginner level, to those who want to learn a 360 unispin and how to jump stair sets.

I was wondering if there’s any freestylers who would want to join in on the workshop, or run a seperate freestyle class?

Any trials/street riders around swindon?

Anyone know if theres a group near/in swindon or even better, chippenham?
I have only a few people to ride with but they are all at a much lower standard than me and are not as enthusiastic about riding so I spend most of the time riding on my own.

i have just recenty moved to brighton and taken up unicycling i am a beginer but might come to crawley circus festival this year. if you can tell me when it is i would be gratfull…

Im in Horsham West Sussex so if any1 wants a ride in the surrounding area anyime PM me. I ride street and trials and ocassionaly dable in a spot of muni

Next weekend. See:
http://circuswurx.co.uk/conv.html

i would have loved to go to the festi but didn;t know it was this weekend so i can’t because of work. hope all who go have a splendid time and i wil have to wait until the next event in the south,

tunbridge wells

Are there any unicyclists in the tunbridge wells area here?