Some beginner questions:

1. a)What is the proper tyre pressure? b)How do I pump up the tyre? I am using a hand pump and no matter how much I pump it, it’s still not firm enough c)Is it normal for it to noticeably lose pressure in 1 week? d)Does a higher pressure tyre make it a little easier to ride? I find that to be the case because it is easier to turn the unicycle.

2. a)How do I prevent abrupt seat pressure in the effort to prevent falls? It’s rather rough on my groin. b)Is there a special seat pad that can be used? Or is lowering the seat-post the only “solution”? c)Are there any special techniques to prevent abrupt increase of seat pressure?

3. a)How do I determine the right seat height? I am constantly adjusting it. b)It seems a shorter seat is safer in the sense of potential falls, but a higher seat makes it easier to ride. Am I right?

4. Compared to the bicycle, which becomes easy once you learn it, will unicycling always remain difficult? Or will it become easy like the bicycle once I master it?

As far as pressure goes: do what works best for you. Harder does make it easier to ride on a flat surface.
It sounds like you need a new bike pump.

What type of uni do you use? You might want a new seat for comfort’s sake.

Higher does make it easier to ride, but a lower seat makes it easier to jump up steps, etc.
4) Compared to the bicycle, which becomes easy once you learn it, will unicycling always remain difficult? Or will it become easy like the bicycle once I master it?
[/QUOTE]
It will become so easy that you forget how hard it once was. :slight_smile:

There are many such questions answered on this forum. Use the search function and you find some much more in-depth answers.

Cheers!

Make the tire as soft as you can

Stand stationary on the uni holding a post. Look at your tire as you twist left and right. If the tire gets a crease (fold) in it, that can make turning strange and means it is to soft. A few psi above that is ideal. Riders that jump need more air to prevent the rim bottoming. A soft tire is great for a beginner because it swallows rocks and sticks smoothly, while a hard tire will kick back.

Tires should lose air slowly. To find out why yours is losing it to fast, try painting the tire with soapy water, or immersing it in a tub. Turn the wheel to check one half at a time while keeping the hub above water.

Actually, I usually just check the valve stem with soapy water or spit, and if that isn’t it, take the tire off and fix it.

Q4- once you get the hang of riding a unicycle, it’s just as easy as riding a bike. probaly takes more time to master riding it. trick wise… depends what tricks your learning.