So incredably close, so anyone got this problem?

Hey there,
I’m so incredably close to completeing the 180 uni spin but every time i try i always miss my back pedal (i start with my right foot forward) any body got this problem> anyone know how to solve it?
Thnx
Aaron :smiley:

try landing your feet on the cranks rather than the pedals, first try bunnyhopping with your feet on the cranks to get the hang of it if you can’t do it already,

start with your feet on the pedals, spin, and then land on the cranks, this’ll give you a few extra miliseconds to land the spin.

if you watch the universe video then you’ll notice that sometimes dan heaton does this, but not always.

i seem to be gradualy moving towards landing just on the pedals.

oh and did i mention, practice every day untill you sweat like a pig. not just feeling a little hot, i mean untill the sweat dripps from your forehead onto the seat.
and wear leg protection.

Re: So incredably close, so anyone got this problem?

I’m still working on 360 uni-spins… Let me tell you, it hurts like hell if
you screw up… The other day I tried one, and lets just say everything went
wrong. I’m not sure what happened exactly, but I ended up hitting my elbow on
my pedal, and sacking myself on the seat…
ouch, I bet you it would have been hilarious to watch!
-Dylan

This group has much to learn about swine physiology. That’s the second incorrect comment about pigs in less than a week.

Pigs only have sweat glands on the end of their flat snout. They do not have any sweat glands on the rest of their body. Saying you are sweating like a pig does not make any sense unless all of your sweat comes dripping out of your nose.

Because pigs lack sweat glands they are forced to try to cool down by other means. That is why they lay in mud or water. Pigs like to stay clean. If given a choice they will lay in a pool of water rather than mud. If given a properly designed pen, pigs will go to the bathroom in one corner of the pen. They will not lay in their own excrement. Pigs also sun burn easily so if there is no shade they will lay in mud to protect their skin from the sun.

Back when I was young I raised swine for 4H (a youth farming organization) and showed my little 220 pound pigs at the county and state fair. I still love the little guys. They’re cute. I trained one of my pigs to sit up and beg for Oreo’s. I also juggled raw eggs in the pen (anything that dropped they got to eat). Pigs also like beer, but I was never old enough to give my little pigs any beer. I was never able to teach them to unicycle. My first muni experience was riding through the pasture outside of their pen. That would have been around 1980 or so.

john_childs

RE: So incredably close, so anyone got this problem?

> Saying you are sweating like a pig does not make any
> sense unless all of your sweat comes dripping out
> of your nose.

Ew. Who’d have thought this group could be so ignorant about pigs? :slight_smile:

I wonder if those expressions come from pigs the animals, or from the
results of the traditional image of pigs hanging around in the mud. In
Germany it is similar, but “pig” gets translated more or less to “swine” so
what you’re saying might come out a lot worse. Be careful how you use the
“p” word in Germany, especially if John Childs is not around to correct you!
:slight_smile:

You never know what you’re going to learn around here…

JF

semantics aside…
the intensity of practise suggested is right, isn’t it?

untill u sweat like a unicyclist?

Do you mean to say that everyone else’s sweat doesn’t come out their nose? Hmmm… I had better check on my ancestry.

well, you learn something new every day. i had planned to go out and learn how to pedal grab properly, but now i’m content with my newfound porcine education.

by the way, my dad used to have a job castrating pigs, i wonder if that made them sweat?

Photos, please.

Re: So incredably close, so anyone got this problem?

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:47:05 -0500, john_childs
<john_childs.6qgxz@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Pigs only have sweat glands on the end of their flat snout. They do not
>have any sweat glands on the rest of their body.

>Because pigs lack sweat glands they are forced to try to cool down by
>other means. That is why they lay in mud or water. Pigs like to stay
>clean.

Off-topic. And very old message too, but I just caught this one on
another server.
Anyway, pigs are badly designed then, to have a desire to stay clean
but be forced to lie in mud to stay cool (in the absence of clean
water).

Klaas Bil

Dont forget tastey

Ohh and back on topic I too am arround this same point in landing uni spins. Although Its only arround 10% of the time where I hit one pedal and miss the other, usually its more like I see I’m not gonna make it and I bail. I really should stop being such a wuss. Perhaps that is the best advice of all dont be a wuss, I’ll have to remember that tomorrow when I go ride. Good luck landing your unispin 180.

Chex

Oh man, Chex, since we were drifting so far off unicycling related topics there for a moment, I was about to mention something about how swell pork and Marmite would taste together. But since you swerved us back at the very last moment, I won’t mention the word Marmite.

Bruce

So incredably close, so anyone got this problem?

OK, here’s a proposal to bring us closer to back on topic: Since pigs are reportedly smarter than dogs ( therefore making them nearly twice as smart as humans… they don’t go to work, they don’t marry, and they don’t make war or kill the planet ), it might be a worthwhile project for all us opposing thumbs-beings to design a unicycle that a pig could ride… at least far enough to find a patch of shade!

PS:
Drinking like a fish equals never drinking.
Eating like a bird means consuming between 10 to 50 times your body weight per day.
Being as stubborn as a mule puts you on nearly the same intelligence level as the others who don’t work.

Ok I have taken it upon myself to start up a barnyard thread in the discussion one. This ones for you Gilby!

Chex

Re: Re: So incredably close, so anyone got this problem?

Oh yeah, iv done that one.

its the thought that counts,right?

the problem is nobody looks in there.check out my two threads underneath yours in the barnyard,i put them there dayz ago.hopefully users will get into that place more.we can afterall "Get To Know Unicyclists From Around The World " and not to mention other evils.

so, which is the most misunderstood group on this forum
pigs or clowns?

pigs or clowns?

I’d say everyone understands and appreciates pigs much better than clowns here by now, which, IMHO, is kinda sad. I’m one of the (apparently on this forum) minority who actually values, admires, and respects clowns. Of course, they’re probably not as tasty as pigs, unless cooked just right.

I’d imagine though, that pigs and clowns are pretty much on equal footing when it comes to the question of whether they take themselves too seriously.

Know thyself. Then (maybe) you can hope to begin to understand others.

i’m waiting for john childs to post a detailed study ref the anatomy and physiology of clowns
and if he raised any when he was a kid

Yeah I deffenatlly give the pig much more respect when compaired side by side with the same makeup and clothing on. The pigs are funnier too, Curly Straight Curly Straight Curly Straight, Ohh what fun you can have with a pig.

Chex

Whats that sound???