snowdon...this year?

On your ass I suspect.

Just kidding, your rig will float over that no problems.

Touché… :wink:

Variety is the spice of life, if snowdon wasn’t different every time we wouldn’t keep riding the chuffing great thing. I’m looking forward to any surprise modifications. And the torrential rain, obviously.

Loose.

Have the arrangements been finalised for this? What is everyone doing on the Saturday? I was thinking of just coming up for the Sunday and the Snowdon ride, what time will the ascent be starting? How many are going to be doing the ride? How many questions have I asked?

i’d love to do it if i could get the money and time off work. to save trawling through the thread, when is it set for and can it be done on a 20"?

Hey AJ!

The date is set for the 25th March. Leo did it on his trials uni last year and was in the group to get down first! He said it wasnt too bad and it looked better for the really steep rocky sections!

It would be cool if you came! If you need a lift, PM me,. Im sure we can sort something out!

Rock on!
Edd

Saturday will be the marin trail at penmachno. I would say to comfortably do it and not come bk in the dark, need to start there around 11am.

So be at the carpark for the marin trail at llanberis for a 11am start plz guyz if you wanna do that with me.

Sunday will be a 9am start at the carpark for the miners trial in Betws-y-coed.

You’ve got the names all confused up there.

Marin trail is in Betws y Coed.

Penmachno trail is near Penmachno which is near Betws y Coed.

Neither of them in Llanberis.

Unless you’ve got really very much fitter and better at riding technical riding since last year, the trail you should be riding is the Penmachno, Marin is too long for you and too much of a fast bike trail, I’d not bother doing it unless you’re a really fast rider (in which case it is quite fun though). Also some of the technical sections on the marin whilst more spread out are a bit more rocky and big, so you need to be fast, and able to go fast over techy stuff. Penmachno is medium technical most of the way round, making it challenging but wicked fun to blast around.

Or did you mean Marin and Penmachno in a day? Is possible, I did it last year, but lots of lots of riding, about 50km I think, and none of it lets you rest, caned me pretty hard that did, getting up the next day to ride Snowdon was an effort.

Joe

i rushed the post i wasn’t thinking :slight_smile:

no just the penmachno trail at 11am start. Being at penmachno :S

silly me :slight_smile:

Where will we be meeting for the Snowdon ride? Will it be the same place as last year, the carpark at the bottom of the Llanberis path, or are we taking a different route this year?

Jo, AJ, Leo and I will be staying in the Llanberis youth hostel.

Rock on!
Edd

The Miners track start isn’t anywhere near Betwys. I would suggest meeting at 9am in Llanberis and organising car shares up to the car park, as its a long walk otherwise. I have a full car so will be going straight from where we are staying to the Miners car park.

Loose.

How do you get back up to the cars after you come back down into Llanberis?

bus

or you hitch

Wouldn’t it just be easier to do Llanberis? I thought that was an excellent ride last year!

Edd

Sounds good, I will be on my own in a car so if I can squeeze in somewhere else we can leave mine for after.

If you’re getting a bus up anyway would it not make sense to dispense with the car-sharing malarkey and just get the bus up there in the morning, finishing where you started in Llanberis?

Phil

I’m of the persuasion that unless you’re in a hurry going up the Llanberis path is better as it’s less faff and the views are nicer, but as I’m unfortunately not around for this one that’s not for me to argue…

Well personally we’re not car sharing as we’re coming from the other side of the mountain to everyone else and we have to drive because we’re some distance away. Yes the llanberris is less faff, it’s also bloody boring, and you can’t ride much of it. We did it once and I wouldn’t do it again unless the weather was too atrocious to risk the zigg-zaggs.

I agree. I think it’s less hassle, I know where to go and I would rather like to see if I can ride the bits that I couldn’t last year.

I will go with the majority though, its more fun in a group!

Rock on!
Edd

[QUOTE=phil]
If you’re getting a bus up anyway would it not make sense to dispense with the car-sharing malarkey and just get the bus up there in the morning, finishing where you started in Llanberis?

Phil

I like the sound of the Miners Track on the way up, but Phil’s idea about parking makes sense. The last thing we’ll want is to hitch or wait for a bus when we’re tired and shagged out at the end of the ride.

http://www.kmpbus.co.uk/infti.html

The first bus of the morning leaves Llanberis at 9:15 and gets to Pen y Pass at 9:32.
I suggest we all meet at Llanberis and catch this up.