Small town newspapers - the best

I turned in a 3 paragraph news release to our local newspaper after this years Moab MUni fest, and this is what the sports editor did with it. Aspen does care about it’s locals, and unicycling!!!. I also created an album in the gallery that includes the photos from the article that do not come with the online version. Cheers.

Heres the newspaper article link:

Heres the photo link:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-Aspen-Times-article

Very impressive!!!

Excellent interview, Mike!

Very nice article Mike. I love the story of “The Agony of Defeat”. That’s happened to me too.

And I have been thinking about your proposal for this summer: 20000’ of elevation change in a day is mighty tempting. I would love to ride up Mt Evans as part of that.

—Nathan

A great introduction to what unicycling is all about. Hopefully, some people may read it and get inspired to take up the sport.

Phuni

>>>>And I have been thinking about your proposal for this summer: 20000’ of elevation change in a day is mighty tempting. I would love to ride up Mt Evans as part of that. >>>

Nathan, Let’s Do It! Average riding elevation is around 10,000’. The ride I have mapped out for the 20,000’ elevation change is not MT. Evans, but we could do that a day or two after the big one. Mt. Evans is the “classic” high altitude ride, topping out at 14,000’. The other one, we would summit 4 different passes, and travel about 85 miles with 20,000’ elevation change/ 10,000’ up and about 10,000’ down. I plan on riding it either July 10, 17 or August 7th. It would be great to suffer with someone else. Let me know.

>>>I love the story of “The Agony of Defeat”. That’s happened to me too. >>>

Adrenaline is crazy stuff, makes you do silly things. I was a little tired as well, which helped in the UPD at 14,000’.