Slick tire needed for my Muni

25 psi for me (I’m only 120 lbs) Also on a DX 32 rim. Have not noticed any extra road crown issues compared to other tires that I use on other uni’s.

Hmm, interesting. I probably run mine at around 30-35 psi and don’t experience any road crown problems. I couldn’t handle any tire at 65, much too hard for my liking. The tire does take some getting used to, it is really grippy, and feels different than every other tire I’ve ridden.

@timoteusmunk: I understand, if your climbing insane hills it makes sense to cut the weight. I’m curious how much difference it really makes.

I have no intention of spending time and money shedding unicycle weight for my Fargo St hill climb. Except for tire and tube. That’s it. If I can’t make it up the hill on an otherwise stock uni, then I have to build more physical strength and/or lose some body weight. I remember reading the following on a motorcycle forum one time: go on a diet instead of spending money on all those lightweight parts. 8 lbs of body weight equals one horsepower.

@timoteusmunk I understand, if your climbing insane hills it makes sense to cut the weight. I’m curious how much difference it really makes.

@anton005 I might go with the K-Rad 2.3 & the Hookworm 2.5. Try both and head for the hill

Good luck Tim! :slight_smile:

30 psi, 5-15 less than other tires I’ve tried.

Road crown: if I remember correctly a big problem was using a widish tire on a narrowish rim. (The example I’m remembering was a Big Apple 2.35
on a 28mm rim, the 1.95 tire didn’t have that problem).

For hill climbing I’d get the lightest 1.95" tire and tube I could find.

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

I just purchased online a Kenda K-Rad 24 x 2.3, as it is lighter than the Hookworm and a whole lot lighter than my current Duro 3.0. If I am lucky, or simply train hard enough, I might have fighting chance up Fargo. Cheers to all