Skrrrt.io!

The games look great. I’ll probably dig out my flatland une and search for a dry spot to join the next intermediate one.
Currently it’s nice to see all the Urban riding happening in one place - the facebook group felt pretty dead and because I have other interests too, my instagram feed looks very different. Now I can go somewhere just to see some motivation to actually practice some tricks again. It doesn’t look very “robust” or “scaleable” to me though, meaning as more and more people join, it may flood in the same way that Unicycle chat on Facebook did. Maybe the tags will help, maybe they won’t, we’ll see.

The best part about your comment is that the link has two clicks.

I got to say, I clicked, I scrolled, I went meh; I just don’t get it. I didn’t see anything new, and it looked like a dumping ground for everyone’s content, one of my least favorite types of social media.

But then I saw this:

And I have to say Bravo! the site has a purpose! Still not for me but now I do with the site success.

Maybe I’m a retrogrouch but I like my information categorized and searchable.

4 Likes

I must have missed it, who’s bashing the forum, and on what grounds?

Since this is its own app, being “too popular” wouldn’t be the same problem as a Facebook Group since we can already filter by tags first of all. Also the website isn’t limited to what a facebook group offers, so to every problem, there can be a solution, and by solutions I mean hours of coding haha.

1 Like

No beginner urban contest though! :frowning:

be the change you wanna see in the world B)

1 Like

Here (or maybe i just don’t understand the joke)

Two other questions:

1. You’re talking about it as an app. All I see is a website and can’t find an app. Is there an app or is the website the app?
  2. Are there any rules for the games? How does it work? Probably i do not understand it because i have no clue about the urban disciplines, haha.

I don’t know how much explanation you need, so I’ll try to give you as much info as possible. This type of post is called an internet meme, this one in particular using the Drakeposting format.

• The first panel is a over-simplification of unicyclist.com’s community members, being that they are generally muni [learner, or distance] riders, and seeing skrrrt.io as something not good, as per this thread. Additionally since the meme is written from a skrrrt user’s perspective, the panel also indicate that skrrr.io is the coolest kid on the block.

• The second panel shows said forum members preferring the option of using the forums, which is not very active, but also a platform that went out of fashion many years ago.

While not exactly accurate, this isn’t very far from the truth, it is supposed to be humorous. Obviously skrrrt.io users will like skirrrt.io and forums users will like the forums. If you think it is not funny, okay, but I do not believe this qualifies as bashing.

I hope that clears things out for you.

As for you other questions;

1. At this state it’s only a web application. I think Colby plans to release it to the app and google play store at some point. Until then you can simply visit skrrrt.io and add the website to the home screen on either android or iOs, and it’ll work just like an installed app.

2. Colby posted an explanation of the games before the site went live, you can find it here. That being said an explanation on site is missing, but it’s a feature that’s already been submitted to Colby, the only person working behind this project.

1 Like

Am I missing something or do I really have to register to see anything at skrrrt.io?

You might want to do a force refresh.

Windows: ctrl + F5
Mac: Apple + R or command + R
Linux: F5

If you are on mobile, you have to expand the menu on the top left, if you are on desktop, you should see the menu on your left hand side.

I guess I expressed this the wrong way.
I can see the page, but I seem to have to register to access the posts.

What is on the post page is publicly accessible to everyone, without having to register. If you wish to read the comments of a certain post you may click the text bubble/speech balloon icon.

When I click “users” I get “0 results”.
When I click “posts” I get “NO RESULTS”.
When I click “games” I get “NOT FOUND”.
At least I can read the terms and privacy.

Maybe it’s because I am in Austria as borders are closed nowadays …
Should drop Colby a message.

Thanks for all of the explanation. I begin to understand (and feel very old now :rofl:)

It works for me at home and on my phone, but at work, i get the same result as you

1 Like

Did you the the force refresh I mentioned earlier? If you open skrrrt in incognito mode, does it work?

You are very much welcome!

there was a bug that was doing this, but colby has since fixed it. he’s putting out updates almost every night to keep it up to date and functioning properly. he only launched the app last week so there is still a lot that is being worked out and fixed.

Colby is also listening to everyone’s suggestions and ideas for the site, so stuff is always changing and evolving

1 Like

I saw the video explaining the game aspect of the app and I thought it was pretty cool.

1 Like

That’s what they said at MySpace, AOL, Compuserve… :stuck_out_tongue: