Skill levels

I’m building a Finnish unicycling web site and I was translating the IUF levels when I was facing some problems.
Even I do know the words and I THINK how to do these I’m not 100% sure how to perform these.
Could you please explain these to me.
Thanks
Jari

-180 uni spin
-Sideways wheel walk for 10 m
-Coast for 10 m
-Side ride for 10 m

Re: Skill levels

3 revs, come to a stop, stand up, jump off the pedals, spin the uni around 180 degrees underneath you, land on the pedals, sit down, ride away 3 revs

3 revs, perform one of several maneuvers to get yourself so that your weight is supported by your hands on the saddle and you are facing sideways and you have each foot on the wheel but on opposite sides of the seatpost, push the wheel with your feet so as to roll forward (sideways to your body) 10m, perform one of several maneuvers to get yourself back on the saddle in normal riding position, ride away 3 revs

3 revs, remove feet from pedals using one of several techniques, keep feet off pedals as you travel forward 10 m, return feet to pedals using one of several techniques, ride away 3 revs

3 revs, perform one of several maneuvers to get yourself so that your body is on one side of the unicycle and you have one foot on one pedal only, pedal forward 10 m, perform one of several maneuvers to get your self so that your body is back on the unicycle in normal riding position, ride away 3 revs

Well that’s a rough view of them; someone please check me for accuracy; there are complications but not many that are worth mentioning for a first draft.

IUF Skill levels
You don’t have to start with the standard 3 revs on the side ride.

There are some differences between the IUF and USA versions of the skill levels. The USA version says that you have to transition into and out of the side ride, while the IUF version says that you do not. I’m not sure if the IUF version has been updated to make that requirement for the side ride or not. At the time that the skill levels were made they didn’t think it was possible to transition into and out of the side ride, but now they know better.

There is a description of the USA skill level rules here:

The skill level rules start on page 43.
And an HTML version here

Here’s the quote from the USA version of the skill levels:

I believe for both USA and IUF you need to get in and out of all skills. I am not sure 100%.

-Ryan :slight_smile: