Six Foot Coker drop!!!

(Well, almost!) This is my highest Coker-drop attempt to date. Of course, 36ers are not made for this type of extreme use, but hey, I like breaking the rules haha! Luckily, it didn’t break my uni, seeing how it’s also just a square taper axle. :o

Although the landing could not be ridden out, it was still quite scary-and exhilarating-to do a drop that high on such big ass uni! I made several attempts, from different camera angles, and all while a lifeguard was watching! I thought he’d tell me to stop, but not a peep, lol! He probably thought he was halucunating, haha! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing like getting BIG AIR on a coker! :smiley:

You can also watch it in HD.
(Great quality!)

Cool vid.

Could you have ridden out of it even in all of that sand?

No because the tire immediately sinks in almost a foot, so it just gets totally stuck. The closest parking area to that spot is about a mile away, but I plan to go back and if I have to, I’ll carry a 5 foot long 2x10 wood plank with me! This would allow me a firmer landing, and a chance to roll out at least a bit.

Or maybe some triple-walled cardboard…

If you can find sufficiently steep sand, the wheel should roll.
The firm landing / plank would put more pressure on the wheel… your coker might not take it.
The real problem here is that you’re too heavy… so I’m thinking children. :slight_smile:

being a former lifeguard i can prob guess what he was thinking " hmmmm what kind of injuries will this nut case get and what will my friends say when they see the report "
personally i would have watched and not say anything till you got hurt then help you and have a good laugh about it all :slight_smile:

Unbelievable what you’ll try. Please rethink this. :astonished:

Enjoyed the vid. The music as usual was perfect. You probably gave the lifeguard lots to talk about at dinner. :smiley:

stupid,reckless and immature,well done.:slight_smile:

Haha! :smiley:

I LIKE that idea! :slight_smile:

haha, being light probably is why my 36er has lasted so long!

Haha thanks. But it wasn’t something I did on the spur…I knew it would not be a hard landing, so the risk factor was pretty low.

Lol, I’ll take that as a compliment, especially the last part! :smiley:
I would probably reserve those first three words for that one guy who rode his coker on a freeway center divider, while cars were zipping by at 65mph in both directions! :astonished:

And this is the word!

Second visit and another try!

[FONT=&quot]Tried it again today. I measured it also and it’s almost 7 feet! (6’10") I laid out cardboard as suggested by Biggestbtc. After the first attempt it collapsed under the tire at point of impact. I added another couple more layers of cardboard making it about 5 layers total.

Came very close to landing it but the cardboard still folded, slid forward, and the impact bent the right crank and rounded off the square taper hole. Had to call it a day after that. Oh well, I tried!

Anyway, I’m gonna start practicing crank flips and stuff like that. SJ tutorial should help! :stuck_out_tongue:

http://unicyclist.com/forums/www.vimeo.com/5132148

www.vimeo.com/5132148

Tried it again today. I measured it also and it’s almost 7 feet! (6’10") I laid out cardboard as suggested by Biggestbtc. After the first attempt it collapsed under the tire at point of impact. I added another couple more layers of cardboard making it about 5 layers total.

Came very close to landing it but the cardboard still folded, slid forward, and the impact bent the right crank and rounded off the square taper hole. Had to call it a day after that. Oh well, I tried! :o

Anyway, I’m gonna start practicing crank flips and stuff like that. SJ tutorial should help! :smiley:

http://vimeo.com/5132148

Terry! Your tenacity is unyielding!!!
I lways make me smile and shake my head… and thanks for that. Never, ever stop.

Haha, well, I’ll give it my best shot! :stuck_out_tongue: