• Age up to 20
  • 21-30
  • 31-40
  • 41-50
  • 51-60
  • 61-70
  • Over 70

0 voters

Hmm, interesting feature, but age and gender should be exclusive choices. I should not even have the option to choose more than one age range. Sorry for the pedantry, but a colleague and I are working on an online survey and dealing with similar issues.

Also, I don’t know if real men ride unicycles, so it’s hard to answer the gender question.

Question: What do you call a guy who rides 300 miles in 3 days on 1 wheel?
Answer: : A eunuch - cyclist.

3 Likes

:rofl:

I notice the results are not anonymous, doesn’t worry me but surprised to see personal information become available.

Yeah, I suppose the poll should prewarn people to say it will show who voted for what…. Best if the software would automatically do it.

Well, I slightly made a change to the original post to say votes are public (and only to show votes after voting) and lost the original votes! :frowning: Sorry all.

I had to vote again, poll must have reset. Now everyone knows for sure I’m an old man on a unicycle.

2 Likes

It does on the right side of the poll, but I agree that should be more visible.

I think votes aren’t public by default though.

Also, it’s currently not possible to cancel a vote (you can still cancel all choices but one). I’m trying to get info about that from the Discourse’s dev Team.

1 Like

Thanks @Canapin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch now everyone knows I am young (slim, tall and athletic) under 20 y.o.! :rofl:

1 Like

What, no question about if you’re a computer programmer or not??? :grinning:

3 Likes

You can ask it. :slight_smile:

I’m also interested to know what foot forward and hand preference in holding and which way people prefer to hop… I think there’s too many combinations though for 1 question.

My answers btw: right foot forward, left hand on handle and hop to the right.

Do you mean turning to the right?

In my case, both. Hopping turns to right as a preference, and hop more comfortably to right.

Normally I hop left foot forward and both ride and hop left hand on the saddle. Recently I’ve had to learn to ride and hop using my right hand as I injured my left. It feels awkward, but less and less so each day. I’m guessing it will take 1-2 weeks for my hand to recover at which point I’m hopefully as good with my right hand as with my left.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this question at least once on facebook and here. And you just have to list all the possible combinations to get the answer. 2^3=8 possibilities, not too confusing.

(Adding which way you prefer to turn would be 16, that would start to be too many choices for one question).

1 Like

If we can get enough data points, we can feed them into the AI and determine the time and place of our next UPD.

6 Likes

Plus for every question we need a no preference answer for the ~0-10% of people who are ambidextrous.
Ie. Left foot back, right foot back, no foot side preference.
Right hand, left hand, no hand preference.
Hop to left, hop to right, no hopping direction preference (or just don’t hop).

So 3 to the power of 3.

You can now remove your votes:

First click on Show vote:

Then uncheck your vote(s), and click Remove vote: