Silver Lake TT near Bellingham WA

Unicycle riders near the Bellingham, WA area may want to check out the Silver Lake Time Trial taking place May 12th from 8:30-12…

The event includes a category for unicycles. Short-Course: 7 mile and Long-Course: 22 mile options available.

http://norkarecreation.com/Silverreg.htm

1 Like

Any info on whether it’s level or hilly?

Some hills

One section of stair step climbs on the 15 mile loop section north of the lake. I have ridden the stair step climbs with out a stop or break on a 36 with 150 cranks. The road has very little traffic. Nice, pleasant rural mountain valley ride.

1 Like

Hey Bungeejoe, do you coker? A few of us are planning on doing a loop ride tomorrow in your area. Will start and finish in Edison, going counter-clockwise around Chuckanut Mountain so we can do north-to-south on Chuckanut Drive. Estimated distance about 30-35 miles, and you’re probably already familiar with the general level of climbing to get from Old Samish up to top of Chuckanut. If you’re equipped and interested, PM me with your e-mail address if interested, and we can add you to the email thread we have going with the ride details.

Tom

Elevation gain

The 22 mile long course has about 500+ total elevation gain, so it’s a very ride able course for all levels. The Stairs has several short, steep sections spread out over 1.5 miles. It’s not as difficult as the map looks. The 7 mile short course does not include the Stairs portion of the 22 mile long course.

1 Like

9 May 2009

Its that time again. Unicycle riders near the Bellingham, WA area may want to check out the Silver Lake Time Trial taking place May 9th from 8:30-12…

The event includes a category for unicycles.

• Options Available -
    . . . Short-Course: 7 mile
    . . . Long-Course: 22 mile

Silver Lake Time Trial.

1 Like

Getting better, but still slower …

Only one unicycle again this year, Semcycle 43, long course, 22 miles, some mild wind, just short of 1:50 for an average speed of 12 mph. My slowest time of the last three years.

Some day maybe I’ll have some competition for the last place finish.

1 Like