SIF Hopping help

Did you hop static the whole time until you got to 50 cm? I’v got 33 cm but now my form is falling apart. I’m finding my feet jump off the pedals when I jump which leads to scrapes. I have no idea how i’m going to get to 50 cm hopping static! If there’s any more tips on how to improve my jump or help my technique from falling apart I’d be grateful.
thanks

It’s really just practice and time. Practice some other stuff for a few days if you get stuck. There’s no harm in trying pre hops if you want to. I actually got to 74cm static before prehops actually started helping.

Thanks, I’m glad you like my site! I’m always happy to introduce someone to a good band.

any one need help with this i have added 20cm to my hop in the past month i figured it out.

Sure, I’m always open to more tips.

once you have your seat out in front you are pushing down on the pedals and then pulling up on the seat right after in one solid motion. once i got my hops smoothed out it made a world of difference.

A few days ago I got 65cm SIF. Today I’m having trouble with 58cm. Tucking has become the most frustrating damn thing to learn. I am regressing.

Does anyone else have trouble with their feet coming off the pedals? I can’t tell if I’m not pulling the unicycle up properly or if I’m not tucking evenly i.e. one foot is higher than the other. On most of my hops today my feet either came off the pedals completely or moved during the tuck and then slipped off on the landing. Any tips.

:angry:

I’ve only got about 25 cm for my SI record at the moment and I can get about 30 SIF but I’m scared to do SIF because I can’t even ride SIF yet and my feet are always flying off the pedals. This could be completely different to your problem but for me its because my arms aren’t strong enough. You really need to pull the unicycle up against your feet when you jump. SIF hopping is harder if you have weaker arms because you need to bend your arms and lift where as with SI you kind of use you whole body to lift the unicycle.

Could be completely wrong :o

Yes there is definitely some adjustment for the arms and shoulders. I can tell by where I am sore after practicing. Uni-spins are like that too.

I can do a half tuck. If I try to tuck all the way down to the wheel, my feet come off the pedals. This is pissing me off enough that I’m going to practice just SIF hops until I figure it out. There is a celebratory beer waiting for me when I hit 70cm.

I had the same problem and still do, i just put more air in the tire and force more bounce out of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Help

Hi, I’ve been unicycle g for 2 years now and just started to do all the cool stuff, but the one thing I can’t seem to do is hop up, I can hop of tall structures with ease but can even hop up one stair. I want to learn how, what do I have to do?

fixed my typos

Practice hoping up smaller things, maybe a small piece of wood. Also, you can visualize where the stair would be and just hop on a flat piece of ground, but imagine you are jumping over the stair. Doing static high jumps can also help.

You’re 100% right, I’ve done everything exactly as you wrote here while practicing jumping. :smiley: