Should NAUCC/UNICON ban headphones and audio players?

Nice idea! Of course I am way too lazy to gear up like that for every ride, so I probably won’t try it.

btw do you find it troublesome to skip or repeat songs or change volume with it in the pocket like that?

Way cool, I thought maybe you had copied something from an insect text and added a unicycle. So cool to know that it’s all Gorey! I googled and found a bigger version of it, and also found a unicycle cat, so apparently he liked unicycles. Wonder if he rode one…:stuck_out_tongue:

I do this if I go anywhere with it, I hate snagging on things, I feel like a dog if I snag a cable on something.

Also, I don’t own an iPod, but I own an Archos 404. Filled with about 25gb of music, as well as about 3gb of Unicycling and Bike Trials videos.

When I change music I usually spend a good minute looking for something I’m in the mood for.

It wouldn’t surprise me. Shows that he liked them anyway. I love his art.

When I ride by myself, I absolutely need my ipod otherwise it’s just not as much fun. I love cranking up some good tunes and just bombing down a hill. Or even climbing is fun with the right song. I just had mine stolen a few weeks ago and went on one ride without one and didn’t have much fun. Went out and bought a new ipod the following day!

But whenever I’m with a group, I usually bring it and listen to music as needed but most of the time have it on pause so I can talk and bs with everyone. Or just have it on really low so I can still hear and talk to people.

I don’t think it hinders me at all when riding. Here is the best thing I’ve found to use for riding. The case comes with a belt clip so you can just clip it on your pocket or belt. It swivels 360 degrees so it’s really easy to find songs, skip songs, turn up the volume, pause it, etc. cause it has 2 clear windows. It’s a must buy for anyone that owns an ipod.

Even better, run the wire through a belt loop right above your pocket, and there’s no way that thing is going anywere.

It may take a few seconds longer to change songs or volume then normal, but how many times do you actually have to do that when you are out riding? Once or twice? Set the volume how you want it before you start the ride, and set the play mode or playlist and you’re good to go. If that’s not good enough for you then you’re just too picky. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

I’m sure it doesn’t.

But does it create a real competitive advantage to play the theme from Rocky or some other inspiring songs?